4.08 Patch

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Dex
Postmaster

4.08 Patch

Post by :FI:Dex » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Hey folks!

I am trying to get back into the saddle again with IL-2 which is handy coz I got 1946 which is fine. So I d'led the 4.08 patch from Sneaky's handy run through and have tried to extract it but it won't take.

I have directed it to F:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 coz that's where I have it installed but for some reason its not picking it up. Can anyone help? I urgently need some online play to whet my whistle once more..
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:26 am

If it won't extract directly to the '46 root folder, try extracting it to a temp folder and do a copy paste.

you can check the temp folder to see what files etc. are unpacked.

Should be the same as in this screenie from Willies post.(thx Willie , saved me the job ;) )

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:22 am

Yea I saw Willie's post before so I tried that. So I extracted the 4.08m exe file to a folder on my desktop then I copied the files and pasted them direct to the IL-2 folder in the root directory, still no joy :(
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:01 am

V puzzling !

Did/does 4.07 run OK? - if so try to DL the patch again in case it got corrupted on 1st DL - check filesizes against those in screenie.

If not - Backup folders "users", "PaintSchemes", "Missions" and "conf.ini" to keep any settings and favourites. and try re-install of '46. (or fresh install to different drive. Il2 will copy across drives OK and will run if the install is a good one)

Other than that I'm stumped. :cry:

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:55 am

Yea 4.07m runs fine.

I'll try downloading and running the patch again first and if that fails I'll try a re-install.

Thanks for your help Sneaky!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:28 am

Oh , and make sure the relevant .SFS files aren't set to "Read Only" in Windows.

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Thorough advice m8!

Here ya go:-

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

OMG!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:38 am

An Italianbeer! ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:45 am

Got a Polish beer from an Asian Off Licence

If I'm not around for a few days you'll know why :lol:

Mutzy
Boardie

Post by Mutzy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:47 am

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:If it won't extract directly to the '46 root folder, try extracting it to a temp folder and do a copy paste.

you can check the temp folder to see what files etc. are unpacked.

Should be the same as in this screenie from Willies post.(thx Willie , saved me the job ;) )

OMG SNEAKY! Who deleted your P0rn Folder!!!!!????? :lol:
:FI:Mutzy

Aka: Zippy GorillaChunks

Yeah?
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:59 am

OMG SNEAKY! Who deleted your P0rn Folder!!!!!????? Laughing
Actually thats the screenshot Wille posted. (Notice his X: drive isn't displayed .) :badgrin:

Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:20 am

I re-installed 1946 and re-d/led the 4.08m patch and it worked!

I'm back in action, can't wait till Sunday night now, just like old times!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Goog one, now we just need Willie back in the saddle.

:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Re:

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:02 pm

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:Goog one, now we just need Willie back in the saddle.
I'm working on it....... :roll:

Had to take a fast trip to Missouri to check on my Father-in-Law. Left out last Tuesday night and 8 hours and 520 miles later we were in Missouri at 3:00AM. He was on his last legs and they installed a pacemaker in him Wednesday morning. He's doing great now and even talking about going fishing again! :shock: :D

Meantime, I've got a boatload of stuff to catch up on and MAYBE, SOMEDAY, I'll get off the ground into the virtual skies with you guys..

I wiped that whole drive and re-installed the game from scratch. ( after I threatened Bub with death for misplacing the 46 discs... :badgrin: ) Trying to get things as they should be, replacing the paint schemes and config.ini stuffs etc etc. Have yet to install the NOCD thing and hopefully it will work online.

One question, I now have a PROGRAM FILES/UBISOFT etc. It didn't install that way but I re-worked it to look like an earlier version. Do I need to set it up to PROGRAM FILES/UBISOFT/IL2 1946 Forgotten Battles or some such? Currently the game is in the UBISOFT folder.

V3.04

V4.08m
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Post Maniac General

Re: Re:

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:11 am

:FI:WillieOFS wrote:
One question, I now have a PROGRAM FILES/UBISOFT etc. It didn't install that way but I re-worked it to look like an earlier version. Do I need to set it up to PROGRAM FILES/UBISOFT/IL2 1946 Forgotten Battles or some such? Currently the game is in the UBISOFT folder.
"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946" is just the default install path (and a real pain to navigate to if you go there a lot.

"#:\'46" works just as well, just redirect HL and utilities like Mat Manager etc. etc. and any future patches to where you choose to install.

Glad the Father-in-law's OK.