Hello!!

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Rootbeer
Beginner

Hello!!

Post by Rootbeer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:47 am

Hi! I'm Austin. I'm 18 and live in Plaquemine, Louisiana. I've been flying the IL-2 series for a long time, but only recently started online play, and am very interested in becoming a part of this squadron. This place is among the friendliest and funniest places online(as far as IL-2 squadrons go.lol), and I'm sure I'll fit in fine. Anyway, I love to fly, and I love to meet new people. I'm a very social person, and I love talking, as you can probably already tell.lol. Anyway, I'm sorry to ramble. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. In the meantime, I'll be checking in on forums and certainly putting in my input.lol. Happy flying and good hunting!!

Austin
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:00 am

LOOZYANNIE!!!!! :shock: :shock:

Oh Dear... :lol:

Hi Austin, I guess you know you're named after the capitol of TEXAS!!! ;)

Welcome to the weirdness. :roll:

Padre
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Rootbeer
Beginner

Post by Rootbeer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:13 am

Sweet. I live off of weirdness. Yep..the capital of Texas....ironically, I've never been there. Lol. Anyway...wow...looks like I'm the youngest here. I'll stand out for sure! Lol.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:28 am

Rootbeer wrote:.looks like I'm the youngest here. I'll stand out for sure! Lol.
:roll:

I got socks older than you....... :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Rootbeer
Beginner

Post by Rootbeer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:35 am

Lol. I'm sure. Like I said, I'm young.....I feel so left out. HAHA! Nah, I'm sure I'll mix in fine...just let me know if I start embarrassing someone cuz i'm still wet behind the ears. Lol.
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:02 am

Hello and welcome to the show!

Again one who missed chernobyl :?

I played with radioactive sand when you still weren't born :D

Make yourself comfortable. ;)
Image ImageImage
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Welcome to the boards, Root!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:56 am

I´m sorry to tell you that our dear :FI:LF is 17 years old (... you still are Thomas?) but what does age in the FIS matter anyway, right? We´re a happy bunch of (still) IL-2 loving flight enthusiastics with some tendency for not taking us so seriously ...

Anyhow, ... if you want to fly with us you should call a copy of IL-2: 1946, its latest official 4.08m patch, Hyperlobby and Teamspeak your own. If you should need help setting up one of these I´m pretty sure we can show you the right way ...

S! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:44 am

Hello and welcome ;)

Hope you have a valid certificate from the asylum as I am sure you will find out LOL

Wardog :beer:
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Hello

Our Recruitment Officer chappie - a fellow Louisieanian (or something like that) will be allong in a minute to take down your particulars.

Like Willie said, I have also got socks older than you, although they have probably been patched a few times, but we are not really ageist in the FI, we'll take anyone......well, except Altarboy but thats a long story!

Welcome to the asylum.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Welcome
:FI:Nellip wrote: Like Willie said, I have also got socks older than you, although they have probably been patched a few times
Yes, but are you still wearing them?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Rootbeer
Beginner

Post by Rootbeer » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:31 pm

Sweet. I've already filled out an application form, and received an e-mail from :FI: Falcon. Also, I pre-ordered IL-2: 1946 before it even came out in Europe, so I've had it for a while, and I also already have teamspeak, and a Trackir, so I believe I'm in pretty good condition. Lol. I fly mostly of the Skies~of~Valor server on Hyperlobby...mostly every day/night, so if anyone wants to see me fly(I have the image of college recruiters at a basketbal game or something), you can find me almost anytime in Skies~of~Valor. Speaking of which, I'm about to fly, but I need to check some more things first. Cheers and happy hunting!!

Austin
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:01 am

RB,

Sorry if I missed it, but what is your name in HL?

cheers

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Rootbeer
Beginner

Post by Rootbeer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:10 am

Same..."Rootbeer"
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

yeah...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:21 am

..."bootreer" is the other guy! ;)

Welcome aboard, boot-....I mean Rootbeer! :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Rootbeer
Beginner

Post by Rootbeer » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:58 am

Lol. Thanks. It's great to be in here...I mean, just talking to yall....I can only imagine flying. I'm not flying much today...I got kicked from the Skies~of~Valor TS server because my dad's fire department pager went off, and I have an open mic(I have no idea where to get a headset or how much it would be), and it making everyone else have a hard time communicating, so I got kicked. I'm going to need to invest in a headset before I really get into flying, cuz the rest of the day's been sucky :(
Anyway, I'll need to be checking other servers and hope I don't get kicked from there too. Later.

Austin