Hello

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Hello

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:10 am

Ok, about me. My name is Pat, married, a few kids (3) all boys. I live in Canada in regard to my feelings on life I'll have to get back to you on that as I'm still using mine but up till now it's been quite a ride. Although I've had the original IL2 for awhile I picked up 1946 and can't seem to keep my feet on the ground. But truthfully my flying skills are pathetic except I am getting pretty good recovering form stalls & spins (I've been told the rest comes easy once this skill is mastered). Well thats about it for now I guess. I'm sure I will have a million questions for you in regard to fuel mixture, prop pitch etc. Well thats enough for now I'm off to the Pub for a pint.

Sacktime
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:31 am

Hi Pat,

I've mastered making smoking holes in the bottom of the maps. Once you get that done, the rest is REALLY easy. ;)

Welcome to the madhouse and home for recovering wainscoting addicts.

Salud!
Padre
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:44 am

Hi Pat

So you think your skills are pathetic eh. Well we shall see if your as bad as me hehehe. As for asking questions, feel free :D the guys on here are really friendly and always have some good advice.

Wardog :beer:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:10 pm

THREE BOYS?!?

How'd you do that?!

I have fifty girls ... or something. If they'd stop movin'round and yappin' and causin' trouble long enough, I could count them!

Do you have HyperLobby (HL)? Are you comfortable with it? Have you made it~ your own~?

Do you have TeamSpeak (TS)? Have you talked on it ... I mean really talked ... gotten to know it, learned what it's hopes and dreams are? Can you listen or at least pretend that you're listening. Occasional sage-like nods work for me.

Look for the :FI: or =FI= tag in HL throughout the week. Join in. Our biggest day is Sunday. Have all your settings, passwords, secret hand shakes and bribes ready before joining a Sunday session.

Best of luck,

Fal "nodnod" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:23 pm

Greetings mate! Where in Canada do you live? I'm from the Maritimes (Yarmouth, Nova Scotia now Saint John, New Brunswick).

TS!
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:24 pm

Welcome Pat :)

You couldn't have found a better group of guys to learn fying and tactics off......

Well....some of them ;) :lol:
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 am

hey ho - welcome here.

hmm tactical already stole my question - where in canada are you from?

Do you know Delta, B.C. near Vancouver?

Regards,
Airway
Image ImageImage
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:13 am

Hi all

to answer some responses, I'm in Kingston, grew up in BC, Vernon to be percise. Yes I have Hyperlobby, that's my problem, multiplayer is so much more fun than single player. I definately will be looking for some of you this week end. Yes three boys, that's why I need something like IL2 for my sanity break.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Bienvenue, Sacktime!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:45 am

As a father of three kids I also feel the need to get some sanity break and actually IL-2 and other games are an adequate medium to get it. Well, my better half tells me sometimes that I´m more into those games than into real life issues but who has to take care for the kids all day long here? It´s me FFS!

Anyhow, ... welcome to the boards and enjoy the show, Pat! ;)

S! ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

?

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:38 am

Canada?

Live?

A somewhat contradictory set of terms, eh? ;)

And since Canada and the US have been at war for soo many years I have to ask....

Are the Canuck snowplows really as fast as you guys claim?

C'mon. Be honest. :-k

Bar is inside, to your left. ;) Don't step in the...
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:02 pm

Well the actual speed of the snow ploughs are a national secret, I can tell you that they are pretty slow around my house. :lol:
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:14 pm

Ok, been told Team speak is a nice tool to use. So I have it installed just need someone to maybe pm me the info required to chat etc.

PS anyone going to be flying tonight?
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:04 am

2 hours on HL and crashed/shot down 20+ times, still no kills on my part, made someone smoke but he flew around and shot me down 2 more times, guess I'm right on track regarding skill level

:lol:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:54 am

Sacktime,

Sorry 'bout tonight. This is the first Friday in a looooong time that almost nothing happened. I guess the stars were misaligned or sumpin. There may be some activity tomorrow, but Sunday WILL definitely happen.

Hope to see you there,

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:31 am

No problem, lots of people on tonight, I need to take a break, 5 hours on HL. Finally think I got it figured out, acutally shooting down more then getting shot down but I think most of us are pretty new. I actually lucked out and knocked one down at just under 1km :D. That just made me want to play just ......one.....more.....time....

:badgrin: