Having trouble getting into cockpit on some aircraft

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Birathen

Having trouble getting into cockpit on some aircraft

Post by Birathen » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:27 pm

Hello!
Problem updated! Skip the first wall of text if you are lazy/drunk/suffer from forum ADD

Im having a problem.. The problem is pretty much in the title of the thread.
It seems I cant get into the cockpit of certain aircraft. So far I think its only bombers(which sucks as bombers is what I want to fly). I can fly the aircraft in out of cockpit mode and all is well. But I just cant get into the cockpit or gunner positions. Ive tried choosing a fighter so Ill end up in the cockpit mode and then switch back.. No luck. :( Anyone else had this problem?

UPDATE!!! Seems the servers where I cant get into bomber cockpits are running some sort of modded version of the game. So my new question is.. Can I install those mods without it fecking up the regular servers? As Im right now mostly playing on the UK dedicated servers(which has external views and shit) for practice I dont want to mock them up :(
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:17 pm

You've got options.

If you want the mods AAA forums

You can simply copy your game folder IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 to a new folder and call it "Il2 mods" and install mods there ( this way you'll have a backup copy in case anything goes wrong - RECOMMENDED!).

Or you can install the version switcher from AAA.

Do install the "wrapper.dll" if you choose to get the mods; as it makes things so much easier to manage.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)