That's it for that puppy..

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

That's it for that puppy..

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:21 am

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b9c_1201440552
:shock: :roll:

Reckon it came from AB's buddy in Venezuela? 8) :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:58 pm

Interesting...What happened?....noticed he did have one miss-fire and he used the wrong hand to clear/charge the AKM.

Igor
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:09 pm

Sorry, Willie, The Gestapo, The KGB, The CIA and PETA blocked my access to the site. :?

Speaking of AKs I knew of a Grenadian guy down here who was once part of the Grenadian Army under Morris Bishop and the Cubans during the US Invasion. He had hid a couple of AK-S under a house next to a river. Muddy as hell he said. Years later, he visited there and dug up the rifles. They still fired.

Like I said, damn fine rifles. ;)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wardog » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:00 am

I had a go with an AK 47 years ago and thought it was superb. At the time I was serving in the army and we still had the old SLRs as opposed to the newer SA80 rifle the brits have today. Compared to the SLR the AK was lighter easier to handle and less prone to stoppages.

And at full rip sounded awsome 8)

Wardog
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:12 am

A little detective work here on the AKM 'booboo'. The contractor firining the weapon apparently wasn't too familar with it. Notice the weapon misfired, not jammed, as he was able to clear the malfunction by 'recharging' the weapon (with the wrong hand). A few rounds later the receiver cover "blast shield' blew off. I suspect he hadn't clean the weapon in a long time (never) and the firining pin was no longer 'floating' in the bolt. I.e. slam fire in auto., not a pleasent experience. The receiver cover did its job. Contrary to common belief...you do need to take care of an AKM, its a good weapon, but it can't be abused forever.

Igor
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Ah, the old SLR. Fired one and it was pretty heavy for a then skinny 18-year-old. Who said the Belgians couldn't make anything good? We still use the Israeli Galil and also MP-5, SLR (for parades).
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!