alienware

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)

alienware or build my own??

yes
60%
no
40%

Total votes: 5
finchenza
Beginner

alienware

Post by finchenza » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 pm

thinking about spending a bit of that hard earned cash hidden under the matress,
should i go with a company like alienware to buy a top end pc or should i just build my own?
thanks
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:50 pm

Go for the Alienware if you can afford it. You can visit their site and customize it to suit your needs. Their gaming PCs are out of this world. They can be expensive though. Warranties can go as far as 4 years. The one I customized cost almost TT$35,000! :shock: You may save some if you build your own though.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:44 pm

Welcome to the forums Finch!

I'd build my own Alienware,

but that's just me.

Falcon

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:06 pm

wellcome to the nutt-house, and tho Alienware make´s nice stuff building your own PC save´s a ton of your money....

And building is not that hard....

Make the deal now, as your wife will have thing´s to say about spending lot´s of money on "toys" when there are thing´s to buy that matter...Like dresses and shoes and trinkets...No matter what she says now, that is what you have to look forward to.... ;)

Or you do like I do(I am wise in these matters) you make a prenuptial agreement...Your money stays in your wallet.... :badgrin:
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:25 pm

Or you do like I do(I am wise in these matters) you make a prenuptial agreement...Your money stays in your wallet....
Now you tell me.

I tried to let Unka Guido lean on der wiff but she sure is a tough one and beat up poor Unka Guido. :lol: Know a good lawyer? :badgrin:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Greeny

Post by Greeny » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:59 pm

I splashed out some time ago on an Alienware mALX laptop.

I am afraid that it cost me £3800!!! However it is the dogs nuts and support is tremendous from A/W

If you have the cash and you don't want to mess about building and all the associated messing about (don't believe anyone who says there isn't!!) buy one. If you are happy to spend hours tweaking your own build then do it.

I built my own desktop and it was fun, but I wouldn't do it again! No time!!!
Cheers

Greeny!
:FI:Dex
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:03 pm

Can you answer yes or no to an either-or-question? :p

I say build ur own though unless.. yer loaded.. ;)
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:14 am

build your own, at least then you know what you put inside;

gather the stuff you need and spend one afternoon with jigsaw puzzle