Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed May 09, 2007 3:47 pm

congrats gettin' the card

and uber congrats on owning a hybrid!

:D

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Actually...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Wed May 09, 2007 8:09 pm

:lol:

Mazda and Ford and Volvo share 'platforms' (i.e. chassis) - the Mazda 3 is the same as a Volvo S40 and a Ford Focus.... same engines too in a lot of them...

So go figure.... :badgrin:

And by the way, the Toyota Prius is more expsnsive and worse for the environment than a conventional petrol car, as it it is more damaging to the environment at end of life than a bog-standard car. This more than outweights any 'good' it will do during its serviceable life....

Toyota don't tell you this though....

Batteries are not that nice to dispose of... especially ones with all that nickel cadium stuff in 'em....

Anyway... Mazda's? GREAT cars... :lol:

She saw you coming mate....

:roll:
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Actually...

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed May 09, 2007 9:58 pm

:FI:Fenian wrote::lol:

And by the way, the Toyota Prius is more expsnsive and worse for the environment than a conventional petrol car, as it it is more damaging to the environment at end of life than a bog-standard car. This more than outweights any 'good' it will do during its serviceable life....

Toyota don't tell you this though....

Batteries are not that nice to dispose of... especially ones with all that nickel cadium stuff in 'em....

:roll:
To be honest Trev the green aspect was not what made me have the car - I used to have an E class Merc but it cost me a fortune in tax in the UK because the govt tax company car drivers on the CO2 emissions. The Prius saves me about £5k a year - so bugger the environment!
Olegs stalker

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed May 09, 2007 11:35 pm

You guys ever see the new Peugeot 407- man, what a sleek-looking car! With on-board Artificial Intelligence and 4-valve cylinder heads, 5 or 6 speed auto gearbox and 4 or 6 speed automatics and a whole bunch of safety features. I think it comes with on-board Exocet missiles too! :lol: Anyway congats on the new card. Anybody got the new NVidia 8800GTX? Ordered that card and wondering if it is as powerful as they claim.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Thu May 10, 2007 6:34 pm

:D Yep, got it and it beat´s the living daylights out of anything.....
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri May 11, 2007 12:11 am

:FI: Nellip wrote
More bloody reliable than a Volvo mate :lol:
I loved my Volvo EXCEPT for the reliability issues with that year model. Da wiff is sure enjoying her new hybrid Saturn. 24mpg in town! :shock: :D

Almost as good as the 91 Merc Tracer wagon w/over 200K miles on it, that I clatter back and forth to work in everyday. It gets 25 to 27 mpg. :badgrin: Of course it doesn't have enough power to pull a sick lady of the night off the john, but it gets to work and back. :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Just pink and fluffy

Well...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri May 11, 2007 8:07 pm

those evening shift ladies tend to have the suction thing pinned down quite well, Willie, as you may or may not be aware...

:badgrin:

Yeah... I'm getting fed up with Volvos too :lol:
_________

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri May 11, 2007 9:20 pm

Thanks Rules! I feel much better knowing the card will blow down walls. I thought Volvos were supposed to be the safest cars around? Or am I wrong? I read somewhere someone tried to put truck brakes in a Volvo once. Wonder how that panned out? :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: Well...

Post by :FI:Nellip » Tue May 22, 2007 9:45 pm

:FI:Fenian wrote: Yeah... I'm getting fed up with Volvos too :lol:
Say it ain't so Fen :(

Actually I used to have a Volvo a few years back - a very thirsty 244DL saloon. It only cost me £300 - I was just out of Uni at the time and poor :(

It ran OK for 12 months and then the suspension broke when I hit a pothole and I had to scrap it.
Olegs stalker