We begin - Question #1

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Raven
Beginner

We begin - Question #1

Post by Raven » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:20 pm

I have downloaded and installed Hyperlobby, however on first connect it refuses to recognize the path to the games exe file.

I did a lot of DOS when I was younger and I know I have the correct path. I'll be damed if I am going to let it search my hard drive.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe

The answer is not in their FAQ (for some reson my questions are never the frequently asked ones :? )

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks eh
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:30 pm

If memory serves me right ; press "ctrl/Shift" when connecting to HL and window should open to enter path manually.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Raven
Beginner

Post by Raven » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:13 pm

ben there, done that

My bet is it does not want that exe file but that then leaves me at a loss. There are several exe files in that folder but why it would look for any of the others is beyond me.

What would be interesting is - as anyone else used the same file path I did and it worked?
Raven
Beginner

While I'm here

Post by Raven » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:35 pm

After reading a lot of the forums I see much discussion on version updates, however no mention of the last one. As I just bought IL-2 1946 and went looking for updates right off, I am now at ver. 4.08 Is this going to cause me problems, make me incompatable with most?

Little ahead of myself here since I can not get Hyperlobby or Teamspeak running as of yet.

I did read something about a utility to dumy the program back to older versions. Do I need this?

Thanks eh - :) Yeppers, I'm Canadian
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:09 pm

TeamSpeak addy and password PM'd to Raven

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Re: While I'm here

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:13 pm

Raven wrote:
Thanks eh - :) Yeppers, I'm Canadian
Ah explains a lot.

OK peeps,
t a l k
s l o w ly
n o w .

F e w e r
s y l l a b l e s
t h e
b e t t e r
t o o.

il2fb.exe is the file it is looking for,

Either let it search or give it the full path/name
C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\il2fb.exe <-- default install path

Th game developer changed the directory location with 1946 version
HL is not an all seeing dancing programme. It is 3rd party and is not supported in any way by the game developer. With this latest version, it needs a little help. Even then, it is a bit quirky :)

You do not need the utility to dummy back to earlier versions. This was only utilised when the game developer was a it slow releasing it in the US and people needed to switch on the fly.

current versions is 4.08

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/il2sturmo ... downloads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

G
I fear no beer

AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:20 pm

Or....

Right-click your game icon, select properties, and copy and paste the game path into the text box and left-click the Save button.
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!