Anybody Willing

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Anybody Willing

Post by Airhawk14 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:21 pm

I downloaded the IL2 Dynamic Campaign Generator. I was wondering if someone could help me on how to use it? I dont have a clue what to do but it looks cool.

"When you risk it all, the sky is the limit."Quote from Motion Picture "Flyboys".
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Anybody Willing

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:59 am

:FI:Airhawk14 wrote:I downloaded the IL2 Dynamic Campaign Generator. I was wondering if someone could help me on how to use it? I dont have a clue what to do but it looks cool.
TacticalS! and Sneaky seem to be some kind of knowing peeps when it comes to this piece of software. I suppose they´re the right men for this job! :D
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:21 am

I join Genosse in volunteering Tac and Sneaky too!

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:48 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:I join Genosse in volunteering Tac and Sneaky too!

F
Oh, boy!

You better run now!

:evil:

:lol: ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Re: Anybody Willing

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:02 pm

:FI:Airhawk14 wrote:I downloaded the IL2 Dynamic Campaign Generator. I was wondering if someone could help me on how to use it? I don’t have a clue what to do but it looks cool.
Hello mate. Well this program is pretty easy and very complex depending on what you want to do with it. For starters are you wishing to enjoy it OFFLINE or ONLINE (or both)? You select which general mode first. From there it is a matter of selecting your general campaign parameters, going into the game and picking a campaign (and there's lots of community-made DCG campaigns, skins, pilots, etc), making any further tweaks, then sitting back and enjoying the missions.

All the settings and options are fairly well explained at the DCG website you visited. If you have some mission building experience I think it helps understand it all a little better, but certainly one doesn't need to know a lot about the IL-2 game to use this program. My suggestion is to just jump into it and play around with the options (use externals) and see what they do. One of the great benefits, especially for any offline pursuits is the ability to tweak/change so many parameters any time in the campaign.

Post any specific questions/problems in the DCG forums. I'll keep an eye out for you mate.

Regards,
TS!