Sunday Coop Sessions - Rules of Engagement

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Sunday Coop Sessions - Rules of Engagement

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 pm

In order to ensure we all get the most from the SCS missions, participants are respectively requested to follow these guidelines.

Rules of Engagement

1.The sessions start at 7.30pm UK time. Host determines start time but all people must be in HL and ready to fly. No " back door" late entries via the HL chat line.

2. One restart only for each mission.

3. The chatter on Comms stops once the mission has loaded. The flight leader will give one warning on this and then the offender gets muted for the duration of the mission.

4. Senior "alive" pilot for bomber and fighter takes the number one slot in each flight and decides on fuel load, ordnance, vectors and altitudes. These to be communicated via the chat line for any members not on comms. Senior alive pilot at start of mission one stays in that role for all missions flown that session even if killed.

5. Pair up with a wingman and fly as pairs when in the mission.

6. Press the fly button as soon as soon as you are ready to go.

7. Once the host starts the mission the flight leaders are responsible for comms discipline as per Falcons earlier post.

8. Downed or dead pilots who want to converse please switch to a different TS channel.

9. Chat to pilots still flying is OK if external views are enabled but please respect that pilot concerned may not welcome the distraction.

10. Have fun.

Communications Procedures

Mission designer, server or squadron leader should give a general brief of mission to all pilots before we chose ac, load and press "fly.

In mission BEFORE engine start the flight leader should brief his fighters or bombers about initial phases of mission and a very brief expectation of target area and return flight. Lead should give initial departure heading, planned cruise altitude and plans to co-ordinate with other flights.

All pilots should call to lead (in number order) that they are ready, lead should THEN roll.

All pilots call roll and "wheels up".

At cruise altitude in route lead can call, "discontinue/relax/end/whatever radio procedures".

An attempt to tighten flight formation and forming into element pairs should be made.

In route nearing target area lead should impleminte radio procedures again and re-brief on target area/type/formation/entry/exit/reformation and planned departure of target area.

During return flight communication may be casual but elements and vigilance should be maintained.

Lets try these guidelines on Sunday 25th March and see how we get on - we can always amend any bits that don't work later.
Olegs stalker

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:47 pm

Two things:

1) bomber lead and fighter lead should brief each other about where their starting base, route and targets are (before splitting coms I guess) so they can plan their flights and

2) if senior fighter and bomber pilots are leads ... erm, that means me. Uh, okay, I'll do one but I think those who want to lead can give it a go too.

what say ye?

Fal "neither a bomber nor a leader am" con
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:12 pm

I like it. Cannot wait to get back and get on with this organized situation.
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:07 pm

:FI:Falcon wrote:Two things:

1) bomber lead and fighter lead should brief each other about where their starting base, route and targets are (before splitting coms I guess) so they can plan their flights and

2) if senior fighter and bomber pilots are leads ... erm, that means me. Uh, okay, I'll do one but I think those who want to lead can give it a go too.

what say ye?

Fal "neither a bomber nor a leader am" con
Good for me mate.

As the lead will be the senior alive that week, it should naturally rotate as the leader gets KIA - unless you plan on a perfect record of course ;)
Olegs stalker

:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:17 pm

This has my vote.

^:|
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:34 pm

and remember ...

Murph is the current

~Penguin Lead~

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:44 pm

Sounds great!!!

Mrs G and I have similar rules of engagement in place for Sunday morning sessions.... Albeit without the wingman.

Penguin leader... return to base!!!

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

I vote "YES!"

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:25 am

Now if I could just make the 03/25 session.

Odds aren't good, though. :cry:

Have a great session, and bring back an ear! :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:35 am

I may be the lead penguin, but as you all may have noticed, my ability to get time to fly on Sundays is limited.
Since I almost never get online for the beginning of a session, does that mean I won't be allowed in at all, or do i just need to stay off channel and wait for the next mission?
BTW I like the radio discipline rules- I know I probably have been one of the chatterboxes, but I'm willing to do my best to follow them.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:42 am

Not sure if I'll turn up. Although the new fan has reduced the CPU's temp it's still a bit high. Think I'll make breakfast on it. :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:54 am

:FI:Murph wrote:I may be the lead penguin, but as you all may have noticed, my ability to get time to fly on Sundays is limited.
Since I almost never get online for the beginning of a session, does that mean I won't be allowed in at all, or do i just need to stay off channel and wait for the next mission?
BTW I like the radio discipline rules- I know I probably have been one of the chatterboxes, but I'm willing to do my best to follow them.
Murph

If you are not online for first mission no problem, just wait for next mission to start.

Problem is when we wait for people to use HL chat line entry it delays things a lot. I am hoping we can get more than 2 missions a night in this way.

Nellip
Olegs stalker

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:13 am

Understood- thanks for the clarification. I'm a little confused with the time change for Britain going into effect- is 7:30 GMT 12:30 PM Mountain Time?
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:19 am

:FI:Murph wrote:Understood- thanks for the clarification. I'm a little confused with the time change for Britain going into effect- is 7:30 GMT 12:30 PM Mountain Time?
Moutain Time is -7 to GMT, but tonight we switch to BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1, so Mountain Time is -8 to BST.

I think that means that 7.30pm in the UK tomorrow will be 11.30am Mountain Time.

I did say be prepared for a c*ck up on timings :lol:
Olegs stalker

:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:58 am

Isn't that why we have GMT? So everyone can coordinate to that which is relevant to them rather than trying to where everything else is in relation to you.

If you know where you are in relation to GMT it does not matter where the other person is, as long as you are all relating to GMT.

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:06 am

That's true enough Gurb, but GMT changes twice a year, not necessarily in sync with US times, which were changed on a different than usual date this year. Clear as mud?
In any case I don't think I be free until an hour or two after the session starts.