So you thought XP was bad -

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:42 pm

Obviously the British are very bad people. :-$

And like Sneaky I would only be getting Vista with a new rig. I can pick up the Office Suite (professional or whatever they are now calling it) through work via our Employee Purchase Plan with MS. Last time I purchased the entire 2003 Office Suite for @$50 or $75 Canadian.
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:22 am

:FI:TacticalS! wrote: Doc are you buying a DX10-compatible video card or waiting?

Tact - "Bill Gates fanboy?" - S!
Well, right now, I am waiting for these to come back in stock: http://www.dangerden.com/store/product. ... =48&page=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I can get one, I will get an 8800GTX or if ATI has their head out of their ass by then, maybe an RD600.

Personally, I dont have a problem with Vista. I mean MS might be the typical corporation, but they did make the best operating system ever with XP.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:28 am

:FI:Badger wrote:How's the game demo coming along? Are we allowed to know the focus/genre etc. or is it top secret?! :-#
It is coming along very slowly as we only have about 4 people working on it. I am acting producer, designer, and QA guy so that doesn't really help since I am way too busy at work these past 6 months.

What we are doing is making a full blown campaign and eventually persistent world for Neverwinter Nights 2. Its an RPG, for those non-geek types. Some unique features we are implementing is intelligent AI and also much better ambient AI than what the original campaign offers. I will post some screenshots for you guys in a week or two once I get on the screenshot rampage for my demo disc.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:28 am

Doc!

NWN2 was a wee bit disappointing to me. I didn't like the segmented areas and the constant boss battles. The most aggravating thing was having all those other hangers-on around and having to develope them all ...

... but, a persistent on-line game?

I'll give that a definite try!

Best of luck and I'll be waiting for the pics.

Fal "Elves are us" con

PS: I haven't checked the mod forums in a while. Are there any good story mods made yet?

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:02 am

Mods are starting to pop up slowly. I am not sure what is exactly good or bad, but there are definitely things to download and try.
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Hasta la Vista baby.

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:12 pm

Vista cracked ? (Article)

(Still dont think I want/need it)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:43 pm

Well Vista has arrived. I plan to install it once the new loop has been leaktested over the the weekend. Will post some pictures in case anyone is interested in such things.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:40 am

Here's another reason

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=sbpignqj2o

...or for you Windows NT lovers out there, this...

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=tkf0ip56ez

Hey, it's not easy being French and having NT you know! :lol:
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!