Hello from a new guy...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Gurkesaft
Professional Boardie

Post by Gurkesaft » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:07 am

:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:same =FI=, its just that a few servers have scripts that ban ":"
Who would ban colons? They're so useful!
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:18 am

gurkesaft wrote:
:FI:Sneaky_Russian wrote:same =FI=, its just that a few servers have scripts that ban ":"
Who would ban colons? They're so useful!
The same people that would ban healthy relations with sheep thats who, bloody B'stards( so Fenian tells me :) ).

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Welcome aboard, apachence and gurkesaft!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:04 am

Don't limit yourselves to just one or two planes, either.

But for training purposes, the Hurri is actually a fine aircraft. It's very forgiving, has a tight turn radius, and though limited ammo the MkIIc packs a hell of a punch. :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Gurkesaft
Professional Boardie

Post by Gurkesaft » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:17 am

:FI:Ardmore wrote:
The same people that would ban healthy relations with sheep thats who, bloody B'stards( so Fenian tells me :) ).

Vin
Hey! I was just helping that sheep over the fence. I don't care what everyone says.

-Jack
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gadje » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:13 am

gurkesaft wrote: Hey! I was just helping that sheep over the fence. I don't care what everyone says.

-Jack

Oh and I suppose both its hind legs just happened to slip in your Wellies? Image
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:12 pm

:FI:Gadje wrote: Oh and I suppose both its hind legs just happened to slip in your Wellies? Image

As it happens, yes!

:)

Hello gurk and apench!

Welcome!
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:18 pm

^:)

While I wouldn't recommend either plane as a trainer, I started my IL-2 virtual career first flying the spin-prone Aircobra only to move to the nimble but fragile Russian Yak-3. If nothing else when I finally found easier rides I was amazed at being able to turn without spinning out of control, and wow what's with all this ammo? :lol:

Welcome mate and enjoy IL-2 and :FI:.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:15 am

My favorite plane to learn in is the lovely Polikarpov I-16 "rata". They're exceedingly nimble. Fairly forgiving, pack a hard punch and pretty darn tough. Not a lot of stuff to worry aobut like trim settings etc, just be sure to map a key to raise and lower the gear.

As for the 109's? I LOVE them, however, they are best fought in their envelope. too fast and the elevator gets useless, too slow and you'd best be darn good "stall fighter" The F-series are the ultimate "knife fighters " of the 109's. The Early G's are good as well.

The later G's and the K's are fast, have lots of big guns and are really best for bomber busting. They shine very brightly for that. They climb and accelerate well, but they suffer in turns at speed.

Try a lot of planes and see what fits. Once you get more comfortable with the flight model, go back and do some offline 109 campaigns to start getting more comfortable in that wonderful plane.

I love the 109's. The 190D is even MORE fun. :badgrin:

As Tact said the YAK is an UBER bird. Fast, small, and frangible. Very agile. The Lavochkins are awesome planes as well. They're my favorite Russian planes. Either the Yak or the Lavochkins are much easier to fly for me than the 109, but I'm hard headed and like the challenge of making the 109 do as I want it to. ;)
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:31 am

I'm with Willie on the Rata. It's carborated, so it'll train you to make 1g manuvers or you will choke the engine. Rolling into a target etc. The 190's are for experienced pilots who can use their roll rate to the maximum (hope you have Track IR). My favorite plane to get in the swing of things happens to be the JA8 or the Gladiator. No prop pitch no rad cowlings, just the mix and trim. Best advice I can think of is not to "fight the airplane". Get some spatial awareness that allows you to fall across your target vector just on trim alone, without major adjustments to the elevator or rudder. Be patient! 50% of a kill is luck (He doesn't hear/see you!), at least for me! Know you aircraft and keep your eye on the sideslip meter! I don't agree with the 109 being a starter plane, you have to keep a close watch on the bubble, and there is no rudder trim, so constant adjustments must be made as your airspeed varies to get your maximum performance. IX spit is ideal, despite it's stigma. Bear in mind that any experienced pilot (and dog knows how many of them are lurking in hyperlobby :roll: ) can get a kill in anything that can shoot. BTW the Ki 43 Oscar series is my personal fav, totally insane flight characteristics for a monoplane.
Good luck!
^:)
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:22 am

My favorite is the fiddy-one

cuz it's purdy.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:51 am

Welcome to the forum, Allen! ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:55 am

Wait a minute, hold on , who's banned healthy relations with Sheep!!!!! :shock:

And hello Alan :wink2:
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.