LCD Flat Screen Monitor

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:47 am

While nice overall, MACs are way overpriced. You could build that same system and throw windows on it for about half that price.
As is the software to run on them.

A friend bought an I-mac in 2000 (because it looked nice), had some problems with it after about 6 months and found customer support virtually nonexistent.(worth checking the smallprint)

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:11 am

:FI:Dr_Strangelove wrote: While nice overall, MACs are way overpriced. You could build that same system and throw windows on it for about half that price.
I already have a system tat runs windows, but I'm buying a mac for certain reasons. One of them is not necessarily to play games, it's to be more serious with design and use it to aid me in my study.

Macs have always been more expensive than a PC, that's no news to me. I have considered buying a mac before, but back then I couldn't afford it. Now, hopefully I can.

If you ever have done serious typography, working with layout with Quark Xpress on the mac, you better understand what it is I'm looking for.

I'm also not really looking forward to Vista, directX 10 or having to deal with the nightmares of upgrading again. the complexity of computer systems reached a level that I find harder and harder to keep up with. Plus the fun of working with the PC for the last three years have due to negative experiences have become a lot less.

Ah well, at least I'll get a flatscreen :badgrin:
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:43 pm

Macs are also nice for audio recording in muscial studios. ;)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:18 pm

:FI:Deathsledge wrote:Macs are also nice for audio recording in muscial studios. ;)
Good for the high end stuff, was using a G8 and Logic a couple of weeks ago. Still a major mortgage to go out and buy one so I still favour the PC for pre-production.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:15 pm

I live on the mac at home and work and love them. I do graphics and 3D stuff. I have the imac G5 17" at home and adore the hell out of it. The kids have my older imac G4 15", and after a year they still haven't broken it or corrupted anything, they are actually quite impressive on the damn thing.

The only reason I have a pc is to play games. Hopeing the new Intel chips might allow for more mac gaming, but they don't run the graphics software as well. Must admit as a mac guy I'm interested in the new Zune stuff coming out!

Noter
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:09 pm

MS's MP3 player? Daughter wants a MP3 for Christmas. Probably I will get a Creative or IPod that will play music, videos and pics. Been looking at Zune (Xbox 360 fanboy) but not impressed (and I wanted to be). Maybe. Would need to ship it from USA as it's not in Canada yet.
Post Maniac General

Minty Mp3 Player

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:30 pm