Dogfights on History

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Dogfights on History

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:47 am

You guys have to check this out. Been watchin some today and must say they are great.

http://www.history.com/minisites/dogfights/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:53 am

I'll be there!

Thx for the re-mind, dahk-tah!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:48 am

It is a good show.

Too bad, they didn't bother find any dogfights of note to mention from some of the remaining Axis and Russian aces.

I'm sure there were some great stories about hard fights to be told by those gents as well.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:04 am

this looks very cool!
:: napier ::

Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:39 am

A great show. I liked the low-level chase over the dry river bed into the Chinese airbase and the li'l' push given the '86 that ran out of fuel.

Too bad it was one of those shows with eight minutes of action and four to five minutes of commercials!

grrrrr!

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:34 pm

Looks good!

But those documents are only available if you have the history channel? :?
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Igor
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:14 pm

Looks interesting...oh yeah..i got the History Channel...got two satelite dishes ....can't get cable for high speed internet...but oh boy...i got TV channels....

Sapper,
What do you mean you don't have the History Channel in North Afgahistan?.....geeez boy...just call your local cable company....lol

Igor
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:56 pm

What do you mean you don't have the History Channel in North Afgahistan?.....geeez boy...just call your local cable company....lol
We only got local news from our telly.. and those are in dari and pashtu.. but if we hear a word jihad, we know that´s it´s time to be worried ;)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:50 pm

So ...

if you get your TV privileges taken away there,

it's called a telly-ban?

~groan~

Okay, I'll leave.

F

napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:33 pm

:roll:
:: napier ::

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:16 am

it's called a telly-ban?
;)

What came to me as a surprise, is that you can actually manage without telly (i know, sounds crazy).. I was on a leave back in the good old F-land and opened the telly.. only to find out that i´ve totally lost interest in it.. There just wasn´t anything worth watching for.. Weird, because before i came here, i used to watch quite a bit of television..

So, am i free from the chains of television, or should i just see a doctor? ;)
:FI:Dex
Postmaster

Post by :FI:Dex » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:08 am

hehe Tellyban.

Not a chance of that in my house..
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Igor » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:01 pm

When i was a kid, we got three channels on the TV, always something to watch; now i got hundreds of channels and there isn't anything worth watching (other than A&E and History Channel)

Igor
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:01 pm

I'm doing quite well without a tv, just that I have to hear from an American during a multiplayer session flying to Berlin about a horse crises in the Netherlands.

Oh, we were flying the Berlin Airlift route. Was very interesting, although I had trouble reading the dials on those tiny gauges and surprisingly I was still able to get to the destination (last though, and all 15 other participants were waiting for me at the airport all lined up. Not that I was nervous or anything ...)

On the other hand, I don't hear all the bad stuff that's going on in the world, and I won't have to annoy myself of all the damn commercials they're airing in between.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:27 pm

It's a great show, a bit fluffy for the likes of us know-it-alls. They make it seem way too easy..."the bandit then performed a Split S, where he rolls the plane inverted and pulls down towards the ground, hoping he would lose his adversary...", if only it were that easy. But hugely entertaining to watch to graphics are awesome and it does give a nice visual to several stories I'm sure most of us have read.
Too bad it was one of those shows with eight minutes of action and four to five minutes of commercials!
...and the recaps, of those eight minutes, five are the recap from before the commercial break. I have the first episode on dvd and the recaps are still there even though I don't have any friggin' commercials.

The push by the Saber was incredible...

Even with all the grumblings I'm hooked, just wish it wasn't Friday HE night.

Noter