The mascotte is back in town

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Kitty
Postmaster

The mascotte is back in town

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:44 pm

Talking about dejavu. Yikes.

Yes guess what, I'm about to reinstall again. Oh, and about my troubles last year, well my joystick died so ...

anyway, I've ordered some expensive stuff from those CH chaps and hopefully I take longer this time to destroy it.

What got me out of the bag was of course new patch and the upcoming Bob!

The only change on my system now is an old but functioning ati radeon 9700 pro, a 250 gig extern HD and a new 160 intern. The rest is still the same. I think.

I'm considering buying a new system soon, that hopefully will run the games I want to play for at least a year. I'm not considering Vista/dx-10 yet, though fsx needs to run well even on xp.

Anyway, how are the fighting irish?

What have I done in the meantime? I was more or less absorbed by the addiction that's called rendering 3d scenery. I was so addicted that I run up a very very high bill just to buy 3d rendable stuff. Insane I was but it was incredible fun! I also got Painter 9, Carrara, Hexagon 2.0 and Poser 6. I had help so I could pay in chunks, but it was definately water and bread for the next years. And you think I'd lose weight, no ... I actually gained! Ah well all for a then good cause and certainly a good thing to get my creativity going. Can I work well with these programs? No, notreally. but I'm sure it will work great when I get my new computer (which I won't build this time, but put together by a local small computer business).

So where have you all strayed from the path of flying and smuggling guinness kegs over the borders?
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Howdy Kitty!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:14 pm

Welcome home, lass!

Nice to see you here again :)

Hope the last year has been treating you well ;)

Things just seem to keep on runbling around at :FI: HQ

:)

Cheers!

:beer:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Yeah I heard all kinds of weird sounds coming from the HQ. I walked up to the gate but you now seem to have rather vicious looking guards at the entrance so I dare not go any further. Could you bribe these gents in letting lil' me in? I'll smuggle some guinness for ya later?

I just finished installing and updating and everything seems to work great so far. All that's left is getting the PE-2 and I'm good to go :) I enjoyed watching all the movies and still surprise how damn good this game looks! Or sounds, as the instructor just bombed a section and fades in with another bang. Jolly good fun err ...

ps.: you don't want to know what I"m flying with, but it works. Sort off. It's ... just a temp.
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:47 pm

Kinda the third time you resurfaced now Kitty???

If you were a drowning I'd take that as a serious sign!!!

Anyway.. nice to see you again.

G
I fear no beer

Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:12 pm

Well if I look outside to the weather I definately would call that drowning. Weather was so poor I missed out on my daily walk.
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:27 pm

Hello there. I was just recently let out of the asylum and decided to join up here. I see you're into rendering, well I also do 3D modeling and texturing. I use Lightwave 9 most of the time and I know how expensive the software is. I have access to Poser 6 but haven't used it much. Nice to meet ya. :)
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:30 pm

Hello again Kitty! ^:)
I'm not considering Vista/dx-10 yet, though fsx needs to run well even on xp.
How about Win XP x64 pro?
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:31 pm

"Hello pussycat."

O'Falcone

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:32 pm

@ Altarboy

Pleasure to meet you, I'm sure.

I love your avatar, it really illustrates the headdesk moment I just had. I'm just going to fire up pf and kill something or blow something up and imagine UBI all over it. Kill it! Kill it! Kill it! graargh.
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:35 pm

:FI:Sapper-FIN wrote:Hello again Kitty! ^:)
I'm not considering Vista/dx-10 yet, though fsx needs to run well even on xp.
How about Win XP x64 pro?
I tried that and it was a nightmare, most obvious on the lacking of proper drivers to get things working well. I didn't even get 3D support, so I'll stick to Xp pro for now. I really wanted to, you know why? Because I had just bought farcry real cheap and they had released the 64bit upgrade for it that looked so so amazing. ah well ...
AltarBoy
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by AltarBoy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:40 pm

I do the headbutt every morning! :lol:

I'm also planning to build a brand new rig and it's estimated at TT$30,000 with a 500 Gig HD, Dual core processor and maybe a brand new GC, oh and at least 4 Gigs of DDR RAM. It's all geared for gaming and 3d work and animation. Poorhouse here I come!
ImageI'm surrounded by grumpy old men!
:FI:Nellip
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Nellip » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:41 pm

Hi Kitty

Nice to hear from you again.

Hope you get the rig of your dreams sorted out - lots of people around here will offer advice but I'm not one of them - I struggle with anything more complicated than an "on" button.

Altarboy has posted a few pics of 3d models on the site and they look pretty good to me. Mind you don't think anyone has actually seen him fly yet.............. :D
Olegs stalker

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:44 pm

I tried that and it was a nightmare, most obvious on the lacking of proper drivers to get things working well.
Oh? i didn´t have too much trouble with it.. A couple of programs that were missing 64bit drivers, but nothing i couldn´t live without.. Installing BF2 was a bit tricky, but eventually it worked out fine (dunno, if that issue was because of that 64bit xp, or my own 1bit brain)

I guess there are a lot more drivers available now on 64bit, than there were last july.. that was the last time i saw my ÃÅ“ber-rig :( Oh well.. she´s in good hands now... :(
I really wanted to, you know why? Because I had just bought farcry real cheap and they had released the 64bit upgrade for it that looked so so amazing. ah well ...
;)

Oh, the biggest problem with x64 was that for some reason, my good old MS sidewinder precision pro didn´t work with it.. So i had to buy a new one.. It´s not easy to change the stick, when you´ve flown 3 years with the old one..
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:01 pm

Yeah I never realized how I gotten used to my old and trusty MS FFB 2. When it died, I couldn't really get used to anything else. Low on funds I çouldn't buy the stick I wanted and had to resort to the afterburner 2, but it didn't feel all too good. Then I get the Saitek 45 which has been a headache since day one, and only gotten worse. Until last week it finaly died, though it was actuallly dying from the moments I got my hands on it.

Now I have a yoke in order, but that won't do me much good with FB/AEP/PF/PE-2 (looks like some weird formula) and I can't get the pedals yet until next month (money money money).

And computers have gone to an era that I hardly can understand. I'll have a hard time trying to find a solid system that will keep me going for at least two years (or one year, since next year I can already upgrade the videocard near may/june - kind of preplanning then for fsx/etc).

So right now I just fly by wire <g>
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:50 pm

Welcome back Kitty! I hope you can get things together so that you can join us soon for some online flying.
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."