New 91.36 drivers a dream for me!

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

New 91.36 drivers a dream for me!

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:24 am

FINALLY!!!

Some damn drivers that actually work with my SLI rig. Running smooth as butter now on perfect settings...wohoo!

If you are interested in an upgrade on drivers please take a look at these. They DO NOT have the new shitty control panel and do seem to have excellent quality verus the 8x.x series I was running before.

64-Bit: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1471" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

32-bit: http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1470" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:18 am

Thanks, Doc, downloading now, hope they work well with 6800 xeries.

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:19 pm

:FI:Macca wrote:Thanks, Doc, downloading now, hope they work well with 6800 xeries.

S!

Macca
I have the BFG 6800GT OC 256MB card Macca. Please let me know if this driver is any good mate. I would prefer to stay away from their new control panel for now.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:54 pm

Lads....didn't u know that the drivers which had the new control panel had also the old one? So there is no excuse:)

In fact the previous drivers were kinda crappy and I went back to a different version. Now I'm curious how the new ones will work.

Unfortunately , they won't make a 7950 out of my 6800 :D

I have downloaded them, will install when i get back home from my German language course :)

Hmm...are't they for the 7xxx series only?

Keine Idee...

Ich muss gehen....
ImageImageImage
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Aug 23, 2006 4:29 pm

The driver should be compatible with most current Geforce cards. The thing I like about them is that this driver is intended for the high end Quatro series cards, so they have to be of better caliber versus the general ones from Nvidia.

And yes, I know you can revert from the new CP back to the old, but my point is that I don't even want that piece of shite on my system in the first place.

So, here is to hoping these will be my drivers for a few more months without issues.
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:06 am

Can I ask whether you find the SLI rig that much better than having just the one card.
I am trying to decide whether to wait till next year and the next generation of cards if and when they come out,or go for another 7800gtx.

At the mo I run IL2/FB at max and have good frame rates and wonder if another card in SLI would be worth it in terms of "bang for your buck"
The prices have come down for second hand cards but not enough to make me buy one..just yet.

Thanks
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:42 pm

:FI:Finbar1 wrote:Can I ask whether you find the SLI rig that much better than having just the one card.
I am trying to decide whether to wait till next year and the next generation of cards if and when they come out,or go for another 7800gtx.

At the mo I run IL2/FB at max and have good frame rates and wonder if another card in SLI would be worth it in terms of "bang for your buck"
The prices have come down for second hand cards but not enough to make me buy one..just yet.

Thanks
I would say that it is worth it for me definitely but that is also a matter of opinion. I tend to go for it all pretty much whenever possible especially when it comes to computers. For you I might suggest just waiting if you are happy with your performance, but that also depends on the rest of the spec of your system. If you care to share that I could probably give a more objective opinion.

See I am a little weird in that I almost have more fun in the planning, building, and tweaking stages of a system than I do actually playing it when its done.
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:55 pm

The rest of the system from memory is;

AsusA8N
AMD 3500.
2GB Corsair DDR RAM
XFX G7800gtx
Dell 2005 Monitor.

The chipset fan needs"oiling" I kid you not every two months with 3 in 1.
A zalman heat sink would do but I think would bugger up any chance of a second card.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:20 pm

IMHO you should not get another video card. Your CPU is pretty much already the bottleneck in your system and would be even more so if you added another card.

Take the money you were going to invest in a video card and save it for an upgrade next year in the late spring. You should be able to enjoy any of the new games hitting shelves just fine with that system.
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:25 pm

Yeah thought so have been studiously ignoring dual core/fx/all that stuff,blimey the rigs only about 12 months old.
Gonna wait and see what Oleg's new baby needs to run well and take from there.
Thanks for the advice.