Generation

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Generation

Post by Airhawk14 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:56 pm

I downloaded the "When Tigers Could Fly" campaign and I had everything set up, but when I hit the generate button, I heard a loud beep come from my computer and nothing happened. I need some help.

"When you risk it all, the sky is the limit."Quote from Motion Picture "Flyboys".
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:24 pm

Assuming you have extracted the files to a suitable folder within your Campaign folder:-

check this

In the Campaign folder there is a folder called All in.

Here you will find all.ini ,open in notepad to see if the campaign is listed there.
If not you need to add it.

Example of all.ini
  • Fighter
    Fighter-Bomber
    Surtr
    atest_1
    DGen_I_Leningrad41exe1
    DGen_L_Leningrad41exe0

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:39 am

It's a good campaign when you get it working....very immersive
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:49 am

I looked under the US folder in the campaign folder and it was there. I could not find an "all in" folder though, all I could see where all the country folders and then all the ones I made.

"When you risk it all, the sky is the limit."Quote from Motion Picture "Flyboys".
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:21 pm

This is what the readme file said to do in witch I did not understand:

Installation

Unzipping China42-43 WinRAR package to any temporary directory will result in the following material/folders/files...

readme file: the present one !!!!
China41-43 folder: Copy/past it over IL2DCG main folder.
DGen folder: Copy/past included files over Dgen folder present in Il2-PF main folder.

Remember to select China41-43 campaign as the active campaign after checking active Il2DCG "Optional Third Party Data Folder" option under Il2DGC files scroll list.
Set DCG to work according to DGen replacement Full-Auto mode.

Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:28 pm

I just found at the bottom of the main folder, a notepad folder that reads:

= DGen 4.0.0.9 (01/05/05) =
seed: 1979640
DGen initialization. Side: us, Rank: 0
MaxBomberSkill=3
Distance=Any
Length=VeryLong
AI=Normal
Missions=Normal
AirIntensity=Medium
GroundIntensity=Medium
SlowFire=5.0
PromotionRate=1.000000
Career ID: UsJ
Error - can't open DGen\China41_AVG.DB

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:17 pm

Ah! if its a DCG campaign and you haven't installed DCG theres the problem.

I did DL DCG a while back but couldnt get it working at the time.
Haven't bothered with it since.

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:14 pm

Where do I find it?

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Aug 17, 2006 1:38 pm

http://www.lowengrin.com/news.php

I'd suggest you back up your installation before using this, or maybe just wait for Sturmoviks over Manchuria add on (v4.06)

Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:09 pm

Sorry, I am not the best with computers, but how do you back up an instalation?

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Right click on main il2 folder,

select Add to "IL2 folder.rar"

or "il2 folder.zip"

or Add to archive where you can choose .zip or .rar and the name of choice
Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:47 pm

When I right clicked on the folder, I couldn't find an "add to" but I was wondering if I could copy and paste it somewhere else or ut it in a zipped folder.

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:57 pm

copy and paste into a new folder should be OK.

There should be some kind of "Add to archive" on the right click menu for XP :?:

Airhawk14
Professional Boardie

Post by Airhawk14 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:52 pm

I got the DCG up and running but I am having some trouble getting the China41_43 campaign onto it. I have the readme files for the Dynamic Campaign Generator and the China41_43 Campaign and I was wondering if you could explain what to do in a simpler way.

CHINA41_43

Installation

Unzipping China42-43 WinRAR package to any temporary directory will result in the following material/folders/files...

readme file: the present one !!!!
China41-43 folder: Copy/past it over IL2DCG main folder.
DGen folder: Copy/past included files over Dgen folder present in Il2-PF main folder.

Remember to select China41-43 campaign as the active campaign after checking active Il2DCG "Optional Third Party Data Folder" option under Il2DGC files scroll list.
Set DCG to work according to DGen replacement Full-Auto mode.

DCG

Installation and Settings Instructions

Unzip to any folder on the same hard-drive as your IL-2 Sturmovik game with create folder options on. For simplicity sake, you might want to name the folder "IL2DCG".

When you run the program for the first time, you may be required to set some paths to your IL-2 "Sturmovik" or IL-2 "Forgotten Battle" folder and to IL2DCG itself and optionally to a campaign folder.

The first path to set is to the IL2DCG.EXE program. Select it from the folder you unzipped the package to. The second is to the IL2.EXE program (located in the game's "IL2 Sturmovik" or "IL2 Forgotten Battles" folder) or the IL2Server.exe (if you are using the dedicated server). This one must always be set or DCG will give you an "Invalid File Name" error. If you receive this error, exit and restart DCG and select the correct path to your game folder.

If you want to fly a specific DCG campaign, you can click on the "folder" icon. Set the path to one of these folders by selecting the squadrons.dcg file in that folder. Depending on your selection and the mode you chose, DCG will select the appropriate folder to write the missions to. You may activate an old campaign by selecting (in the DCG menu under "Files") "Select DCG Campaign Folder" or you can start by creating a new campaign (under the DCG "Run" menu or by clicking on the "world" icon).

Note: if for any reason, these paths need to be revised, you reselect them through the "File" Menu.

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:32 pm

As I said before , although I DL'd DCG, I've not yet had it working ( and I believe that was connected to the file paths).

Maybe TacticalS! can give you some pointers on this, or contact JustaV on the Lowengrin site.

The instructions seem pretty straight forward. I'd suggest getting DCG working (so that you are able to generate your own campaign first); then try to start the China campaign.

It might help to read the notes and make a check-list for each stage
and go through the process one step at a time.
(maybe I should do this too)

Most of all - dont panic ! A couple of months at IL2 and you'll be a PC expert.