If you are using Nvidia 91.31 drivers, read this!

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

If you are using Nvidia 91.31 drivers, read this!

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:17 pm

I have a system performance monitor running constantly to let me know what is going on with my machine. Looking at this yesterday I noticed that after a few hours of gaming my RAM usage was over 30%@idle when it usually idles around 20% or so.

So I started to investigate and noticed that there was a service running nvsvc64.exe with over 120MB of memory usage. Did some searchign online and found that it was an Nvidia display helper service: http://www.planetamd64.com/index.ph...pe=post&id=1192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It seems as though Memory usage starts very low but constantly increases over time. You can just sit there in Task Manager with the Processes pane open and watch nvsc64.exe slowly increase in size neverending.

After letting it run for a few hours I was at over 200MB Ram usage. You can sit with the Task Manager Processes window open and watch it slowly rise in size.

Now I am using the 64-Bit edition of Windows and I do not know if the 32-bit version has the same problem.

My suggestion to those with this issue, is to revert back to the 8x.xx series of drivers like I did this morning.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:07 pm

I had this issue, went back to the previous version.

Apart from this, it played movies in black and white!!!

weird.

Well, even Nvidia is not perfect :)

S!

Mac
ImageImageImage
Podge
Boardie

Post by Podge » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:24 pm

Hi and thanks for the info..:)

I checked on my PC, and I run the 32-bit edition of Win XP, and it doesn't seem to be a problem with that edition. So maybe it's just with the 64-bit. But hopefully they fix it soon anyway.

Though I came to think of another thing...
I have one of those dual-core processors, and I have to set it to run like one processor everytime I play IL-2, cuz it's not optimized for dual-core... Does anyone know it there are some kind of application I can fix this with so I don't have to ctrl+alt+del everytime I start IL-2?

Slán!
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:03 pm

Yes,

Check your IL2 config.ini

;processaffinty = 1

Remove the " ; " and it will use only one core for the game.
Podge
Boardie

Post by Podge » Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:28 pm

aaah, thank you so much buddy :D