What makes a good Dogfight Server?

Dates, News and Comments
Flynn
Boardie

Post by Flynn » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:34 pm

Great Ideas for an FI base. Carriers on station, formations waiting to be joined, plus a DF area. Plus open 24/7? Fantastic! Thanks Doc

Also if needed I have web space that is idle that I'd be willing to put to sqad use. I only use it for email and ftp services. I'm no web guru myself but it is available.

Flynn
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:57 pm

I enjoy historic matchups with a variety of realistic mission objectives. But you knew that right? :D Probably like early war period but having all the years covered is grand. Scripted missions the only way to go.

I also like the idea of this training map. Would that be part of the rotation or offered at specific times? If and when your server hits HyperLobby you should make it clear the parameters about the training map to avoid confusion and frustration. Alternatively the :FI: password could be used when hosting this specific map. Otherwise keeping it "hidden" is prudent.

Something to think about when creating area(s) for dogfighting, especially with turnfighters, would be to create the "arena" with lots of air balloons. This forces the contest within this defined area of the map. Just a thought and nothing original as this is what SnoopBaron developed with his Blitz IL-2 gaming.

Regards,
TS!