Does FI Have a Server?

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Dr_Strangelove
Forum Junky

Does FI Have a Server?

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:07 pm

I was wondering if there was an FI server available to log into? Do we or did we ever have one of these?
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:16 pm

To my knowledge we don't have a dedicted server. I know Snoop has a server up occasionally, but it's open to the public, no passowords or anything, but I don't think it's been up lately. So it wasn't truly an FI server.

I might be mistaken but I think a gereric FI base map is in the works, and if Snoop get's his server back up it might pan into something like that.

Noter
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:16 pm

:FI:SnoopBaron Server

Some of us host coops and dogfights on HL or via IP.

:FI:Mikester hosts "Rabbit" a kind of dogfighting tag, great practice

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:21 pm

Well if there is a need for something like this I could look into it, should we decide that the squad and myself are a good fit. One of the guys on my site runs a server hosting company out of Florida and I might be able to get a free server up and running. (Im guessing he would want to have a small mention or something, but other than that it should be cool.)
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

That should be worth some"Vital bodily fluids" Dr

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:26 pm

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Dr_Strangelove » Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:30 pm

Well if someone can give some input on what they would be looking for out of a server, then I would be happy to put a request in. I used to host a FB server a long time ago, but I assume that these days things are a bit different.

On my old server I created a very nice array of historically accurate maps and scenarios that would rotate based on who won each map. This gave it more of a Dogfight/COOP feel instead of just a boring old Dogfight server.