okay, who bought the NEW IL2 addon?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Beowolff
Postmaster

okay, who bought the NEW IL2 addon?

Post by Beowolff » Mon May 08, 2006 2:29 pm

is it worth the battle with boontybox?

:( :( :(

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Probably

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Mon May 08, 2006 2:55 pm

Obviously some people have had grief with this. My install was fairly straightforward (except for my dual boot of XP but thats another story).

The Pe2 is a fine plane, nice bombsight and rhat and the Pe3 is about all you get.

Following the advice and links posted here switching versions with the .bat files is a breeze.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 1431073834

http://home.iprimus.com.au/tonytisdell/ ... e2help.htm

Just remember to back up il2.exe,il2fb.exe and files.sfs. You will need these (a) to prevent boonty box from running, just replace the .exe files into your il2 folder once patched.
(b) the files.sfs is required by the batch file to switch back to 4.04m

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Tue May 09, 2006 5:48 pm

not sure that the new content is worth it but the wider implications, eg having a standard version for online play, being able to download the next two pay for add ons (which sound more interesting to me) etc might make it worth it.

I know that we can get round Boonty and the version issue for online play but for some its just too much like hassle and I can see their point of view (One and a half days of hair pulling for me to download and install the f'ing thing)

As I see it we could end up losing good pilots online if we dont all agree on this one, at least until BoB, whenever that turns up.
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue May 09, 2006 6:05 pm

Scott said,
...(One and a half days of hair pulling for me to download and install the f'ing thing)...
Whoa! That makes me feel a wee bit better ... sorry Scott.

Okay, Bey ...

buy the darned thing!

They got us by the bawls ...

so unless you like that sort of thing

buy it and move forward.

Just pretend you are married to them,

do what they say, buy what they want

and the home is happier and quieter ...

sometimes.

Fal "Yes, dear" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Tue May 09, 2006 10:01 pm

yes... i see all of your points. (sigh!) guess i might as well bend over and produce my credit card's orfice to Ubi's/Boonty's ice cold probing! i'm off to download it now.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Wed May 10, 2006 1:11 am

I'm still waiting for the promised "fix" UBI said they were working on- yeah right.
Now if it included a decent Mustang...
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Thu May 11, 2006 12:25 am

Boonty isn't a problem if you got an original. It's no worse than a program telling you there is a new update available, did you give it express permission to check? no - does it matter... not really.

NC
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Thu May 11, 2006 6:33 pm

So, does majority of FI´s have that ad-on? Just wanna make sure before i buy it... And you really cant play on servers using 4.04, once you install it, huh?
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu May 11, 2006 7:16 pm

You can, there is a post by PF Coastie which explains how to have both versions avaliable by a simple double click of your mouse.

you may find this thread useful the Thread

S!

Macca
ImageImageImage
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri May 12, 2006 8:57 am

Oh man... Look´s pretty confusing to me... Oh well, let´s give it a shot... Thx Macca! ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat May 13, 2006 7:14 pm

You can, there is a post by PF Coastie which explains how to have both versions avaliable by a simple double click of your mouse.
Hmmm... i just dont get it.... :-k

I copied my whole ubisoft folder, and installed pe-2 there... So, anyone know, how can i change the game´s installation path to Hyperlobby?
Post Maniac General

Hyperlobby game path

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat May 13, 2006 7:46 pm

7. LOCATING THE GAME INSTALATION FOLDER

When you try to connect to a game room, HL may pop up the game-location dialog. This happens when HL is not properly set up or cant automatically detect the game location. This dialog can be forced by pressing CTRL+SHIFT and left-clicking on the CONNECT button. There are two ways to enter the correct game-installation folder:
1. Type the game path into the text box with the name of the game executable, for example "C:my gamegameapp.exe", then press the Save button.
2. Left-click the Search button and wait until HL finds your game folder. Then double-click on the correct item and select save.
If you think that both of these methods have failed, right-click your game icon, select properties, and copy and paste the game path into the textbox and left-click the Save button. (If nothing works, try reading this manual from the beginning.
Hyperlobby manual

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat May 13, 2006 8:08 pm

Yeah, i tried that, but it just keeps logging into HL :?
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat May 13, 2006 8:18 pm

Only other way would be //deleteaccount
And start from scratch. Backup hlpro.fls and repaste when re-registered ( this is "Friend List")

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sat May 13, 2006 8:23 pm

Ok, i´ll try that, thank you Sneaky!