Sunday Historic Encounters

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Sunday Historic Encounters

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:04 pm

Subject to interest, I have wanted to bring Historic Encounters to our Sunday sessions for the entire Squad to enjoy among other activities that day.

While I am still hopeful during this cold winter to enjoy some Sunday afternoon sessions with everyone (it’s been months since I have flown on Sunday :( ), I continually find myself busy or the kids arguing for their computer time (Dad only has the "right" according to the misses to game on the PC in the evening when they’re to bed).

While I suspect the Squad still wants to continue enjoying a variety of things on Sundays, I have been wondering if there is anyone interested in hosting dynamic campaign missions using DCG?

What game settings, campaigns, and gameplay approach to these weekend sessions would be decided by the host and subject to the feedback of the group. It would be cool if stats were kept (might help the boys trying to develop medals for the Rogues area). But whatever folks are prepared to do would be cool of course.

I would be most willing to help anyone wishing to learn how to use DCG, and discuss what things seem to work well in Historic Encounters. Given the number of :FI: mates flying most Sundays I would suggest you guys could have some exciting battles against each other!

If Externals were turned off, KIA pilots could jump into Snoop's DF server until the next mission or when the session ends. Maybe the squad could play the same campaign until it is completed (or boredom sets in), or change to a different one each week. Flight leader system with wingmen seems popular in H.E. and might be exciting for the Squad to try globally.

Again just wondering if anyone has been thinking about wanting to host a campaign on Sundays in addition to all the other fun stuff enjoyed during these sessions. Hope to fly with you guys on Sunday soon.

Regards,
TS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:FI:Snaphoo
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Snaphoo » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:33 pm

That actually sounds very cool, and fun...
You've got red on you.
Give me the punch ladle, I'll fathom the bowl.
napier
Forum Junky

Post by napier » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:41 am

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee :lol:
:: napier ::

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:09 am

:-k You guys read it correctly, right? I'm encouraging someone other than myself to step forward and host dynamic campaigns on Sunday, if there is any interest.

Get excited when some fool volunteers. ;)

TS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:44 pm

What no fools? :-k Come on there must be at least one other around here? ;)

-bump-
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Dear Mr. TacticalS!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:57 pm

Actually I´d love to participate on the DCG based Historic Encounters but after all I still have problem that any COOP like match stands opposed to my familar duties (... known as the Little Daughter Situation ...). This also counts for any other online war campaign (Europe In Flames). :(

Dogfight sessions are a very convinient way for me to fly with you since I´m able to return to the game everytime I´m able to ...

Yours

Gen "Only 16 years to go!" osse ;C))
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:22 pm

I thought of you Gen, but to be honest it's a Squad not just one person, and we all know and appreciate all the work you do for the group mate. ^:)

Is it alright if I drop a name or two? 8-[ I know Rules was/is hosting some COOP sessions. Then there are several others that host on a regular basis like Mikester. Snoop might be interested too of course (but haven't talked to him yet).

Guess I think there are folks who would enjoy dynamic campaigns as PART of the Sunday session - maybe 3-4 missions. Some may like variety while others might like to stick with a particular campaign for a while. With more guys you could have an inter-Squad online war, especially if folks mostly fly the same side each week. Personally I would love to provide this but like Genosse I honestly don't think it will happen anytime soon. :(

Therefore, in case someone has been waiting for this to happen and has an interest in hosting they can do so without hesitation (as long as it is not as fun as Historic Encounters [-X :D). I'll be here to lend a hand and hopefully fly one of the planes.

Maybe I can't be duplicated. ;) If not, maybe I can stir up interest sometime by actually showing up with a campaign ready to go.

TS!