Cod2

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Cod2

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:36 pm

Ok, i got myself a Cod2...

I was a bit dissappointed at it... First of all, it looks too... eh... "clean"... You know what i mean? It looks like a disney animation...

Secondly, standard maps look awfull! specially that El Alamein

Sure there are lot of buildings at some of the maps, but only few, you can actually go in...

Have i played Bf2 too much, or are those Cod2 maps too small? My Cod2 experience so far has been like this; A bunch of guys running around in circles, chasing each other... First the enemy is on side of the map, and two minutes later he´s moved on the opposite side of map... It´s all happening too fast for me :?

Maybe i just need to get used to it...

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:50 pm

isn't cod all about it? :)
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:48 pm

As my Sig states, i´ve spendt last 145 hours, when playing FPS´s, lying quiet and still, looking through a scope, so Cod2 is definetly too hectic for me :lol:

I´ll start rehabilitating myself to Cod2, tonight ;)

"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:11 pm

I'd like to participate in a COD2 session with other FI guys as team members against other squads. I've learned that teamwork is critical to doing well. Once one fires, they become a red blip on the radar of the opponents and a magnet to their collective assault. Would like to study the maps and work out manuever tactics by fireteam and squad size elements.

Everybody running around chasing each other and blasting away or sitting and waiting to ambuse someone doesn't quite produce the level of involvement and fun as teamwork would I think.

How about some good ole "bounding overwatch" coordinated via voice communications and "reverse slope or defense in depth" style tactics to name a couple? I'm sure it's being done now as I've been killed a number of times by what appears to be a coordinated assault by at least a couple guys.

Mike
:D