Historic Encounters Opinions Needed

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:35 am

Addmitedly it will be some work, just not sure how much. I don't think I would be able to do it for each plane each mission. I could work on a said aircraft and when the particular session used said aircraft we could use the skin.

With Falcon's help ;) from his library of skins he would let us use and what I have done, it shouldn't be more than putting on numbers, names and nose art. When done correctly no more than 5-10 minutes per plane.

Now I am with you on the best way to implement this. It would be easier to do one default skin loaded via the server and we might could put our number and nose art through our computer, if that's an option. Not quite as fancy, but definitely easier.

Personal numbers would help out with the movies too. When I do it now, the squad has numbers 1-...7 or so, but our positions change from session to session, so I make a list of who is flying what number before takeoff. Then I can use this list to keep track of who's doing what, the next session needs a new list. Not terribly difficult, but a bit tedious.

Let me know what you guys think. If it's too much for me I'll let ya know, honest.

Noter
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:32 pm

Noter,

The Il-2 template is up!

Go to:

http://www.pigyn.com/falcon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

find the file named:

IL-2T tmp B2.psp

and download it.

It's a rather old template and the layers may be a wee bit confusing

but there's lots of info, graphics and extras in it.

It's for the Il-2T (torpedo) model but should fit nicely with any Sturmovik.

If anyone else would like a copy, go ahead and get it.

Falcon

Gurb, thanks once again!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:14 pm

Sweet...I'll snatch that puppy up and take a look.

Thanks,
Noter