Friday Evening Flying in North America

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:26 am

And what are YOU doing in this thread Helo?! [-( We missed you last night mate. :(

In any event, there was initially McBiggles, IceFrog and me, with Murph and Seth joining later on.

We discussed some game issues, then the cockpit and takeoff procedures. Had a blast skip bombing and groundpounding - level attack and dive bombing.

At the end of the session enjoyed energy fighting.

Worthwhile session I trust. Hopefully next time will be even more fun!

Btw Helo did you fall asleep again mate? ;)
:FI:Noter
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:00 pm

Damn, real sorry I missed it. Sounded like fun. Would have loved some
E fighting lessons. Maybe next time.

You like that deja vue message TactS, somehow used my "back"menu on the browser and recopied the message.

Noter
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:58 am

Btw Helo did you fall asleep again mate? Wink
Nope.

Puppy ate all my notes. ;) (Not to mention all my toes, too!)

Sorry, Tact. No excuses.

But I was there in spirit, and I'm sure I guided you all well.

;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:07 pm

How is this Friday looking for everyone, the wife is gone that night so I should be able to get some stick time. If it's like this past Wednesday's session should be helpful and fun.

Noter
Post Maniac General

Friday, November 11, 2005

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:24 pm

I would love to fly tomorrow night since I missed Wednesday.

Friday is Remembrance Day in Canada (no work) so normally I would have lots of time on my hands. However, I expect to be rather busy this long weekend. So at this moment I'm not sure Noter. :?

If there was a session, my thoughts would be to do the following:

(a) Just for fun try messing around with TB-3 & I-16 attachments in a little bombing run. Say maximum 30 minutes.

(b) Using some Hurricane trainer skins McBiggles gave me, practice a little bit of dogfighting for say another 30 minutes.

(c) Then jump into Italy 1943 and play a couple missions in Historic Encounters, which features the Hurricane as the main Allied fighter plane.

Sound interesting folks? Let me know and if there is enough interest I'll try to work this in my schedule, if the misses will let me. 8-[

TS!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:12 pm

Sounds good, love to work on my E usage in a dogfight, was glaringly apparent I need some work after last night. Plus some more formation flying would be good, really enjoyed the challenge of that last night too.

Noter
:FI:Hunter
Boardie

Post by :FI:Hunter » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:40 pm

I' m in for today. I'll be standing by on HL.
Hunter
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:32 pm

Sounds great guys! I will jump onto TS tonight @ 10:00 p.m. AST and host a training session followed by a couple Historic Encounters missions (Italy 1943).

If folks are interested, grab this Hurricane training skin that McBiggles sent me for tonight's training session - http://ca.geocities.com/ohearnsmcmm@rog ... rainer.bmp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can put this in all your Hurricane skin directories.

TS!
Post Maniac General

Friday, November 18, 2005

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Nov 17, 2005 4:23 pm

A certain married man with no life (or is that automatically assumed? :-k) asked whether I was going to be online tomorrow evening. :D

Sadly, though I too am married with no life the misses has me scheduled to get her new dishwasher setup. So I will be lost in the world of plumbing and wiring. Now there's a waste of time for ME. :lol: I also have some other things needing my attention apparently around the homestead this weekend.

Likely won't be flying until next Wednesday with the DangerDogz. :(

Regards,
TS!
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Who dat

Post by MikeVictor » Fri Nov 18, 2005 12:51 am

Just back from being out of town, down Texas way. Lookin to hook up with my FI bud's soon.

MicVic
:D
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:45 pm

As posted in the Historic Encounters thread I intend to host an additional Historic Encounters session this Friday!

--

"As briefly discussed at the end of the session last night, I intend to host another Historic Encounters session this Friday (December 16th)! Applause For those who can make it I think we will enjoy two scenarios: Okinawa 1945 (carrier ops) and Normandy 1944.

Besides making sure these campaigns are "converted" to No Externals and flights are at full strength, I will probably also change the lead Allied planes. Thinking of an American carrier plane for Okinawa and a British Spits for Normandy. Last time we flew a Seafire and Mustang. My plan is to first fly 2 missions in Okinawa, regroup in HyperLobby, then 2 missions in Normandy. Hoping these choices will meet with everyone's approval."

TS!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Noter » Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:01 pm

I am looking good for tonight, might be a little late, but should be there. Looking forward to those carrier takeoffs without externals, yeehaw. As someone who can predict the future, I see a couple restarts for the squad tonight.

Noter