Squad Campaign War

Dates, News and Comments
Sully

Squad Campaign War

Post by Sully » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:39 pm

Hey guys Sully here....most don't remember me as my days as an FI were long ago when there weren't to many members from the US.... but Enough of that.... Listen I was wondering if you all might be interested in a squad war with the II/KG200 my new squad a few nights a week? I have loaded and have running the scorched earth program on are server... Not sure if your familiar with it but its a great program in which both sides plan there flights and ground movements in a battle to take the maps..were just getting used to it ...You can learn about scorched earth here http://seow.sourceforge.net/ And are setup is at the wartime link on are site at http://2kg200.com you can check out the last campaign we ran by clicking on Prokhorovka you can see stats and look at the mission planner there the login for red commander right now is red/allied and the blue commander is blue/axis ...mess around with it if you want to check it out..... If you have an interest in it let me know I'd be willing to show you how it all works....could be a good time!

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:19 pm

P.S. We fly out of the US and use the same settings as most online coops ....with limited icons
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:25 pm

Hello Sully! We flew together Wednesday night, right mate? At least I remember three of your squadmates joining our first campaign mission - see here http://endlager.net/fis/phpBB2/viewtopi ... 6333#46333. Thankfully I said something nice about you guys. :D

Sounds interesting mate. I have read a bit about this campaign system. However, at the present time my main focus with IL-2 is hosting DCG campaigns on Wednesdays - see here http://ca.geocities.com/ohearnsmcmm@rog ... /index.htm. Don't suppose there's any chance of getting you boys involved in this endeavour? ;) We would love more participants, especially having folks on each side of the battle!

We have been developing a flight leader system while exploring various scenarios. Been lots of fun and an opportunity to foster team work. Most of the active folks are newer to the squad, and some are even new to the game.

Getting back to your inquiry, I personally could fly more often then I have been - say possibly Monday and/or Friday evenings too. So if there are other :FI: mates interested in your campaigns I'm certain you would see me from time to time.

Best regards,
TactS!
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Hi Sully!!!!

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:01 pm

Long time no see!

What happened to the other squad... the Hellcats?

We still had one of your old skins on the site until a few months back ;)

Hope all is well in your world!
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Hey Fen!
How are you? Hope everything is great! The Hellcats were no more the day we decided to go to the dark side :evil:

Site looks great.........
hope to catch ya in the air soon! Salute!

And Tac I'll look into the other war too.
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:23 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:possibly Monday and/or Friday evenings too
That sounds like it would be great fun, I might be able to make some Friday battles. What starting times are you thinking of? As one of the newbies here I can use all the flight time I can get in.
If Sully was once a FI then he must have some class left in him, even if on the dark side :D
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Howdy, Sully!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:26 am

You said...

P.S. We fly out of the US ...

The idea isn't bad, but...

If you are flying out of the U.S. that would make the missions a bit over-long, wouldn't they? ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Sully

Post by Sully » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:01 pm

LOL just a little.... I'm going to post at the SE forum too .... might get someone who has the time and knows how to plan the missions already....
Unless you guys have enough FI and friends who are interested in learning it and can commit time to planing 2 missions a week... When I get a hold of someone I'll let you all know whats going on so you can compete if you want too... O.K.?
Sully

Post by Sully » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:41 pm

Hey guys.... Wanted to let you know the campaign is on ..... This ones a test campaign of sorts with the Tunis sector.... It's going to start 11/20 a Sunday night around 7:30 EST ...after that we are looking at possibly Wednesday nights also around 9:30 EST ....Would be great to have all that would like to fly join up at the forum and join us ...The allies could use the help!...... The forum is http://www.2kg200.com/forum" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; once you have signed up I can add you to the allied forum...thats where you'll find your brief and can discuss tactics.... hope you'll join us...Salute!