Hello

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Hello

Post by Nightcat » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Ello :!:

CQ cq d x erm hello! Ok I have been messin with the bombers in the IL2 series for quite some time (couple years I reckon), got this thing for big aircraft and crash landing them - or trying to fly them like fighters and wonder why I get cut to shreds.. I'm not to good I'm afraid but I soooo enjoy it ! So one day, I was thinking I should probably play with real people and enhance the fun of crash landing lol

I live in Devon, I have that lovely sexy accent as all devonians do which probably rules out team speak "Whats that noob saying?" anyway, it says to discuss life and flying.. so, as requested.

Life: Life is... life is.. hmmm... not really got alot to say about life, you see me and life had this big fall out a long time ago and we really have it in for each other. :?

Flying, yep thats what the other pilots do after they take off - I kinda reach the end of the runway and bounce along a bit more, over trees and sooner or later kinda tag behind them hoping not to be shot down after all my hard work from taking off. I dream of being able to fly in formation without having to learn that planes don't have bumpers like cars in the car park.

Yep, thats about it I think - was rather alot wasn't it.. very essayesque!

Wayne

PS. There is no truth in the rumour that this 'hello' was posted in the wrong forums.. I'm a professional! :oops:
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:52 pm

Welcome to the forums ... again.

Life and flying, huh?

We were really trying to get your thoughts on wainscoting,

but that's ...

okay.

Anyway,

sit back, relax, hold on to your hat and enjoy the ride.

F
Last edited by :FI:Falcon on Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Dêja vù?

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:57 pm

Anyhow, ...

Welcome to the boards, Wayne!

Hang around and see out what we Fighting Irish chaps are made of ... have a pint with Heloego while talking about bomber tactics and sheeps ... spend a round to Hans and his crew of Germerman mechanics (formerly known as Mike & The Mechanics) - it´s always an advantage to know staff at ground - and give a salute to Fenian and his alter ego Genego (something like dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hide).

Of course you´ve to buy us more than one round in the officer´s mess ...

Will you be prepared for this, NC? :shock:

^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:08 pm

Well, I have to say that I wasn't to impressed with the claims that it helps to keep you warm, in comparison to say.. a automotive radiator - it wouldn be rather like saying ice is the new environmentally friendly central heating system as recommended by the ECC.

I havn't seen it used on a prime time tv home improvement slot, not even Handy Andy as remarked on it, and we all know how we all aspire and take all the advice from said programmes to vastly improve our homes - like the ones we see being made over by pure professionals whom every splash of brilliance has you quivering with dreamy like want.

Though, if I'm truely honest the idea of having any medium density fibreboard in the home makes me shudder, not because of the quality, no no but my inability to conure together various panels with missing metallic parts and differential sized panels, though I'm sure Paul Daniels could be of some assistance in the magic department of said procedure.

:oops:
:FI:IceFrog
Forum Junky

Re: Dêja vù?

Post by :FI:IceFrog » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:09 pm

Welcome Nightcat

Heloego & Nightcat, with two bombers we can take on the world :D
or at least scare the crap out of the sheeps .

Dêja vù? Genosse how do you say that in German :?:
"IceFrog" Image
The past is the prelude to the future
“Indecision is the key to flexibily”
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:20 pm

Also...

I have heard many things about Heloego, I can't wait to see if the rumours are true - I have been trying to access his home page after reading various remarks (Goat Skies) but sadly its not available - no fair!

Anyway, hope to be patched up and ready to bounce along the runway sometime next week - but I'll be prowling the forums til them to work out whos who and pick up some tips ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Dêja vù?

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:27 pm

:FI:IceFrog wrote:Dêja vù? Genosse how do you say that in German :?:
It´s like this: Schon einmal gesehen?

There you go, IceFrog! ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Not Available?

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:13 am

I take umbrage to your allegation that Goat Skies is "unavailable" !!!!! :?

I'll have you know, my good man, that not only is it available, but it makes for an incredibly cheap date, too! :D (Buster82, please take note.)

Follow this link:

http://www.users.qwest.net/~lml24/Goat% ... f10000.htm

...or use the exquisitely done link in (what else?) the Links section of this fine site!

It won't cure the lice issue, but it will soften the blow. :p
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:44 pm

Wasn't my fault, this other site had a link and like stuff! - would have been useful to remember the link to the non informative site, though what I do remember was that it was you who signed a guest book and gave the link.. I think (disclaimer)..anyway I'm sure I'll remember later or later still. Thanks for the hellos, the link to goat skies and hope to catch you on the tarmac sometime this week, beers on me eh? 8)
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Oh.

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:51 am

Oh!

OH!!!!!

That was long ago, during WW1, I think. The old Goat Skies. :O{

What you really want is the "New! Improved! Family-Size!" version with actual, real, painfully dry information! And now includes FREE! 20% more content! (Package sold by weight, not by volume. Not to be taken internally.):D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:39 am

Welcome mate!

Gen, what´s wrong? i noticed that your beerstats havent improved in weeks :)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:Scott
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Scott » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:55 am

Hi Nightcat,

As you can probably tell sanity is very much an optional extra round here but Its not stopping me from having a go at joining up.

hope to see you flying soon (or crashing, or whatever)
Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker...
- Willy Wonka.

Nightcat
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by Nightcat » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:50 am

My missing aces expansion pack should arrive in the next few days, shouldn't take to long to download everything else, then install team speak and the hyper lobby thing .. oh and the patches too of course to 4.02, though I will probably be nothing more then target practice if i make it into the skies.. can't wait!

~NC~

Eddie the eagle seems more fitting though :oops:

Post by Guest » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:17 am

Just an update, my missing aces expansion pack which I reordered is out of stock and they now think it'll arrive around the end of november... no way! so I cancelled that and ordered from somewhere else, hoping it'll be here way way sooner then that - maybe if we all hold hands and pray together it'll be here for the weekend !

NC

Lil update

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:43 am

Well we have all 3 IL's installed, I'll have the patch updates downloaded and team talk figured out by the weekend I'm sure. So hopefully catch you on the concrete very soon, scary stuff :oops:

NC