Possible Squadron Vs Squadron match

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Re: I vote for Tact!

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:23 pm

So what are you saying Fen? Me against the ENTIRE squad?! :shock: I like my chances. :badgrin: :lol:
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:27 pm

:FI:Skipper wrote:Well there's no rush to decide anything so we can ponder over what we want and even get some added training in.For example flying with wingmen , working as a team etc etc :)

I reckon we can probably beat these guys if we are co-ordinated and train before hand.

As I said before , nothing is decided or confirmed yet so there's plenty of time to dicuss/argue/fight/compromise over this ;)

It would be a good laugh though :D

Skipper
Skipper I hope you understood my post correctly mate. This opportunity sounds great! Since you made first contact Captain Kirk ;) why not find out what game settings, plane sets, map, and other such particulars they would like. Once we finalize these sorts of things, then we can see who is interested and think about some strategy/training.

Look forward to seeing what we can make of this opportunity.

TactS!
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:42 pm

Sorry if I sounded a little offhand mate :oops:

It wasn't intended! But on reading it back it seems a little sharp :?

I was just trying to say, albeit badly , that nothing is confirmed yet so I was just wondering if anyone is interedted.Seen as qwuite a lot of you seem enthusiastic , i'll take it a step further and try to contact them :) ....me being Captain Kirk and all :D ;)

I'll keep you all posted and you all keep me posted on your views and stuff!

Skipper :)
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:38 am

I read nothing of the sort Skip! It was I would wanted to express caution and care but felt my post might have discouraged your enthusiasm. I think there are a lot of mates here very interested in a squad match. Good luck with the negotiations Kirk.

Tact - "live long and prosper" - S!
Skipper
Forum Junky

Just spoken to Ogre...

Post by Skipper » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:36 pm

The good news is that they are still very up for doing it and are fairly relaxed difficulty wise and willing to adjust throughout the night to accomodate us. :)

The bad news is that they dont have any regular training days like us and dont meet at all.This means that there will be no set date as such for the challenge but as ogre put it "as i say, best way is that if u see us here, page right away! ;)".This is obviously a slight problem.

The other thing is thought that they are willing to fly easier settings as they have new recruits as do we.The problem for me and other flyers from Europe is they fly at 9-10 pm Eastern time so it would be about 2 am here in the UK when they came online :?

I think this leaves us with two choices.On the one hand , it may be better to approach another squad who is maybe abit more rigid with start times and try to get a set date and try to fix it so both US and European flyers can fly at the same time.The other option is to continue with this and see how it goes but currently , I think the former maybe a more promising option.

If everyone is still interested , I'm more than willing to contact another squadron and "challenge" them to fight for their honour in the virtual skies!Politely, ofcourse! ;)

Let me know what you think mates!

^:)

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

PLR?

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Oct 15, 2005 4:43 am

"Palestinian Liberation Rear"?

:)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x