help!!! (dedicated server)

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Mikester
The Unforseeable

help!!! (dedicated server)

Post by :FI:Mikester » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:22 pm

Hi guys im looking for a bit of help, im trying to get dedicated server setup on my machine. The first problem ive come across is trying to figure out which version is the very first. I have downloaded most of them and think i may have it right.

There are so many and i aint been round long enough to watch them develope. I think i have it right. I then went to a site that explains how to set conf.ini up and a few other things. I done all that and then tried to run the game but seem to be getting error messages.

ERROR: no map in mission file.

What i done was changed the name of 1 of my dog missions to test1.mis/test1.prop and placed them into the dedicated mission/1/ directory. So it seems to be having a problem with that file.

Does anyone have any sugestions or tips.??

I have a feeling this wont be the only error i get looks like its gonna be 1 after the other. I hope not i still got FBdaemon to setup with it :cry:
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Argh!

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:48 pm

I´m sorry to say that I can´t help you with this issue, mate. I´ve hosted direct games from machine so far and haven´t been able to use the dedicated server software. I suppose SnoopBaron is the man you have to talk with ... as you know he usally hosts our sessions every Sunday.

Sorry, Mikester! :(
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image

Post by Guest » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:29 am

Well i got past the map problem not im stuck with another prob,

"CREATE LOCALHOST 10.0.0.138(router ip) LOCAL PORT 21000
ERROR SOCKET java.net.blindexception: cannot assign requested request
cannot bind.

??
man its got something to do with opening a port i know that much but is there some settings i have wrong in the .ini file??

Also there is a prog called GS_il2serverlaunch.exe this has some kinda settings, but do i need to set this or is it from a previous patch and no longet required.

Why this is so complicated i have no idea!! :(