Battlefield 1942 or BF 2 discussions !!

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:07 pm

Personally I'm into armour,big,small,I luv em all,at a pinch I even luv a humvee.
Snipers and Helicopter gunships are the enemy of us honest grunts.
Booyah.
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:54 pm

armour sure, mech warrior, shogo MAD, Gears, Nova and so on. All armour! Ok, kinda into the future, but still...

Or AT ST's, AT AT's if you're into star wars ...

Not sure we have any armour planes, like flying tanks, but the A10 warthog is a pretty good tank killer, and they're at least a bit thick in the cockpit.

I've tried tank games, but they didn't really do it for me. Next on my to try list is silent hunter 3, according to most this is a game a simmer "must have".

Could be interesting to float around online in a wolf pack.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:20 pm

Yepper fun game... i mean sim :p
anyone actually managed to get a seagull with the aa yet? :badgrin:
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:16 am

wonder if we can race in them ;)
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:44 am

TacticalMatt was saying to me the other day how two medics on his team kept going throughout the entire mission by healing/reviving each other (and teammates). Cool soldier kit IMO.

TS!
Menace
Postmaster

Post by Menace » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:42 am

No needles this time around Kitty, but you should see the shock paddles!
I'll try and get Spook for an FI rally, that would be really cool. As far as my prefered class is, I like shotgunning people, letting rip down an alleyway with a LMG, rampaging with tanks, sneaking aboard carriers and C4'ing radar scanners and planes. Pretty much the FPS pcychopath type, but this game twists me when people don't snag the objectives though, I don't know why.

Tac, try the commander map, I think I have it bound to Capslock, which I think is default, then you can run the scanner, which highlights ALL units, pop UAV's call down arty, and pretty much see what the heck is going on. It does have infinate zoom,you can look right down on people "Smash TV" or "Robotron" style. You will notice after you call a strike down there is a regenerating bar for each device at your disposal.

BTW TV guided missiles and aircraft bombs can take out bridges, UAV trailers, and radar sites.
"Give me a full bottle in front of me, instead of a full frontal lobotomy!"
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:00 pm

Personally I'm into armour,big,small,I luv em all
Me too, but they are deathtraps.... I hate it when that buzzer goes off, indicating that someone has got a lock on you, and you know that no matter what you do, you are going to die in few seconds :?

But then again, if the enemy hasn´t got good AT-guys, you can do pretty terrible damage with a tank...
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Aug 31, 2005 12:49 pm

Indeed Menace. Love calling in strikes. That will teach them trying to take one of my flags. :D

With an expansion or two providing for more variety of gameplay this game can only get better (especially if they bring in COOP mode).

TS!
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:08 pm

I hate it when that buzzer goes off, indicating that someone has got a lock on you, and you know that no matter what you do, you are going to die in few seconds :?
try pressing "x" (smoke/decoys/flares) and at same time "reverse" or just "reverse" sometimes you can see missle passing ;)
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:47 pm

Some of thr most intensive fighting I have seen has been around the bridge on the Karkand map with the MEC reduced to the factory side and their engineers trying to repair the bridge.Lots of strikes coming in tanks being used as arty,snipers peering through the fog and really desperate attempts at both ends of the bridge to either hold or advance,the Americans racing their tanks,Humvees through the town from the spawn point to hold the line.Both sides squads trying to outflank.I've come off shaking with the tension/excitement.Spose you all can tell this is my first fps.
Stovies_
Professional Boardie

Post by Stovies_ » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:13 pm

Finbar there is a railway car near the bridge that you can hide in and pick the enemy off. Also if you are on the MEC side you can hide on the opposite bank and snipe the other side.

Tact I always now play as a medic. My biggest problem is when I hear "medic" I run and try and help but usually get hit in crossfire!!
I have managed to kill the enemy with my paddles tho :badgrin:

Didnt think I would like the BF series after playing CoD but I love it now!
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:09 pm

If your on the MEC side theres an anti tank launcher on the right hand side of the approach road opposite the USMC spawn point.When the armour halts to engage the MEC at the hotel providing their on their own you get get a rear shot.Still love the bridge tho.
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:29 pm

Just testing this sig-thingy:

[img]http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_userprofile.php?userid=64588][IMG]%20http://bf2tracker.com/bf2_usersignature2.php?userid=64588&sigstyle=1&sigbgcolor=1A1A1A&textcolor1=FFCB00&textcolor2=1DFF00&textcolor3=FFFFFF[/img]
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:32 pm

Ah, forget it! :evil:
Finbar1
Postmaster

Post by Finbar1 » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:08 pm

I have seen references to "stats padding"and last night came across it three guys way back from the fighting, two firing their weapons into the air for all their worth the other supplying them.Took me a while to figure it out.Was tempted to run em over,especially as the squad was getting beat up.I suppose they took turns supplying.
Guess it takes all kinds.