Battleground Europe (WWIIOL retail release)

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Battleground Europe (WWIIOL retail release)

Post by :FI:Moog » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:21 pm

Check it out:

http://www.gmxmedia.net/battlegroundeurope/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's the retail version of World War II Online... the sneakier rogues among you will notice that the game is actually available as a free (offline only) download from the WWIIOL site, but anyway...

Ultimately it's pay-to-play but from the looks of things the developers add new content every two weeks or so. Worth the money? I've never played a subscription-based game but this is definately worth a look-see.

I'd say it would be pretty embarrasing running, driving or flying for an hour just to cross enemy lines and get killed :roll: When does a game become a simulation? When you enjoy doing nothing! :lol:
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:22 pm

I've always wanted to try this game out. They should add a free online trial period (if they don't already have one). If they have one is anyone interested in trying it with me?

s!
Snoop
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:45 am

Snoop,

Always, in for some experiments with games.

so count me in.

it looks good to me the high grass and the paratroopers.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:11 pm

looks nice

but

CoD, CoD2 coming.....if it was without subscription - u pay once and play not once:)

if there is a trial period...hmmmmm

Mac
ImageImageImage
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:17 am

It looks like there is no free trial :( Where can I find the offline demo?

s!
Snoop
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:02 am

:FI:Snoop Baron wrote:It looks like there is no free trial :( Where can I find the offline demo?

s!
Snoop
You're so cheap! [TacticalS! runs and hides].
Kitty
Postmaster

Post by Kitty » Sun Aug 07, 2005 2:55 pm

I was one of the unfortunate souls, I think I still have some soul essence left, that tried WWII Online at the start, and it was horrendous. Now I am not a beginner on MMORPGs and I know that going live often means a few days of problems, and a few tremors after that for quite some time.

The game has been dragging on for some time and currently I hear a lot of mixed opinions about the current state of the game. With a horrible first impression that it left me, I'm not too eager to try it again.

I rather would play American's Army then cut my finger again. I only would like to try a eventual trial, if no CC is needed. Chances are, it is.

There is also CoD2 coming out in the future, I only started playing CoD offline about two months ago, Day of Defeat based on Half Life 2 looks incredible as well, so for me there is plenty coming still and none ask for a subscription.

I've played many subscription games, but I wonder if it's realy worth it for me. I almost never play the amount of time that I subscribe for, and it's hard for me to remain interested in a single game for a long long time.

The biggest exception here being Forgotten Battles/AEP, but haven't played PT much yet.
Chow Meow from Kitty Hawk!