Battlefield 2

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Patch 1.01 available now!

Post by :FI:Moog » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:27 pm

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlef ... nloads.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:08 am

Well, I take it that the absence of people on the FIP server is indication that everyone is pretty much doing the BF2 thing now. Pretty depressing since I've sworn myself off of IL-2 until the brainiacs that mucked it up with the latest patch fix it. Ugh.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:59 pm

Is this the game you are all playing? and if so were do we connect to for online stuff?

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Forum Junky

The party line on BF2...

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:19 am

:FI:ZekeMan wrote:Well, I take it that the absence of people on the FIP server is indication that everyone is pretty much doing the BF2 thing now.
Fear not Zeke! Last Friday the server was quiet because most of the Platoon's 'regular soldiers' were either at or else on their way to Duxford. As it stands, CoD is the official Platoon game and will remain so until the release of CoD2. Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2 along with Silent Hunter 3 are very much secondary pastimes organised privately by individual members of the Platoon. Speaking of which...
:FI:Ardmore wrote:Is this the game you are all playing? and if so were do we connect to for online stuff?
Whenever a BF1942, BF2 or SH3 server is hosted by one of the FI, it's usually not pre-meditated; just pop your head onto the Platoon channel on TeamSpeak and see if anyone else is interested in playing. There are only a very few people in the Platoon who play these other games so more often than not one of the Platoon will find a decent server hosted by someone else entirely and then give the address/connection details to the others over TeamSpeak.

All of the relavent information on patches/mods/maps etc. for everything can be found using a simple keyword search on the Platoon's forums - i.e. there's already been quite a bit of information written on topics that people keep asking about so rather than repeat it each time it's a lot easier to just look for back-posts - these include lengthy tips and tactics threads!

S!

Moog
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:08 am

Thanks Moog. :)

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Re: The party line on BF2...

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:02 pm

:FI:Moog wrote: All of the relavent information on patches/mods/maps etc. for everything can be found using a simple keyword search on the Platoon's forums - i.e. there's already been quite a bit of information written on topics that people keep asking about so rather than repeat it each time it's a lot easier to just look for back-posts - these include lengthy tips and tactics threads!

S!

Moog
As a suggestion get the relevant information/links into a couple of locked down posts like in the Squad Settings forum. It's then all in one place and no need to search for it.

We do occasionally purge the word search database table as it is huge. Essentially every word over 4 characters gets indexed to the post it appears in. The database backup is approx 50Mb of which I guess the search index table is about 42Mb

Might be a good idea to get rid of some of those old and irrelevant stickies and announcements too ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:07 pm

Thanks Sir Moog. I will be patient and keep haunting the server, LOL.

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:34 am

I also got BF2... Basically, it´s awesome... there´s just one thing that bothers me...

Either the players got too many hit points, or the weapons are pretty damn underpowered... For example, if you want to take down the enemy with a single shot of a "high powered" (at least they are in RL) sniper rifle, you gotta be close (far less than 100 meters), and hit him in the head.

This one time, i shot an enemy four times in chest/stomach area, before he went down...

That just takes away all the fun of beeing sniper :cry: After all, the only thing that keeps sniper alive, is his ability to stay hidden... if you gotta shoot the enemy 3-5 times untill he´s dead, that´s pretty difficult...

But besides that, it´s a great game... i love love the fact that you can shoot through walls... maps are also very nice...

I´m looking forward to play it online with all the others FI´s ^:)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
Forum Junky

1.02 hotfix released

Post by :FI:Moog » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:04 am

Get it here:

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches ... _v_102.exe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

BF 1942 or BF 2 Gathering

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:35 am

we can meet on thursday's
then we do not get in the way of the pf or cod sesions.
to mention anything about BF 1942 or BF2 do it in the off topics indeed
i will make a BF threat as Gurb said.

Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:42 am

Okee....

all is fine...

but I have to do some tweaaking of my BF2....strange sound peobklems.....

anyway

I can play with that.

so let me know.

S!

Mac(this game still needs some patches)ca
ImageImageImage