CH Fighterstick & CH Pro Pedals

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

CH Fighterstick & CH Pro Pedals

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:26 pm

Anyone here use these CH products? Can you please provide a testimonial? Are they worth the money? Are there other products of similar value one should consider?

FYI I presently have a MS Sidewinder 2 FF stick. Might in the future upgrade to a dedicated rudder system and the enhanced TIR vector stuff for BOB.

Of course I will try to convince my wife that such expensive peripherals need a spanking new PC to properly connect - yes - properly connect to their USB ports 'cause my existing computer has dust on them there ports and possibly might not work perhaps maybe. :D

Tact - "need to save money" - S!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:03 pm

:lol: Well I use CH pedals and I can realy recomende them...
So pleased with them that I´v decided to get the rest of the set-up from them...When I get the money.... ;)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:49 pm

Can I have some of YOUR money? [-o< No, wait, I figure if we stop feeding the kids for say a couple of months, re-mortgage the house, and put the dog down . . . when does BOB come out again? :-k

Anyway, until I get my hands on these CH products anyone else who has them are obviously cheating!!!!! :shock:

Tact - "looking to buy my kills with expensive gadgets" - S!
Flynn
Boardie

Post by Flynn » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:13 pm

The pedals are nice... I use those as well as thier yoke and pro throttle. Don't have the Fighterstick yet though I may have to dip into the kids college fund for that (should be some left after that Vegas trip). ;)

They use a nice piece of software to control thier gear with. If you use mutliple CH products you can map them together and the program hands it off to windows as one device...pretty cool. You can fool those games that only one input.

Dont let the plasticy feel (is that a word?) fool you, it's very rugged. Price tag is a little high. It'll set you back about $100 US or so per device but they are worth it.

Flynn
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:27 pm

Without really looking around yet, it would cost $334.95 Canadian plus tax (15%) and shipping - say what $400 all together. :shock: How much is the vector TIR stuff? Please don't tell me. :lol:

Anyway, just one question - will this stuff make me a better virtual pilot then Snoop? (assuming that I'm not already :badgrin: ). :D

TactS!
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:31 pm

8) No you need talent like me... ;) :lol:
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:36 pm

I thought maybe you had a little, but apparently it was just those CH pedals all this time (and that little sneaky Brewster you love). ;)

Talent, who needs talent - just ask the Ross boys! :-# :D
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:37 pm

:lol:
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:09 pm

Got the lot, and with all the buttons and switches dont have to go near the keyboard at all except when leaving the game.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:38 pm

=P~ Nice mate, too nice in fact. ;)

Any issues with the setup? Happy? Worth the $$?

TactS!
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:37 pm

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:=P~ Nice mate, too nice in fact. ;)

Any issues with the setup? Happy? Worth the $$?

TactS!
He's a Scot

He wouldn'a parted with the brass unless he knew what he was getting was value for money ;)

G
Last edited by :FI:Gurberly on Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I fear no beer

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:34 pm

Indeed, indeed. :lol:
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:06 pm

That Gurbs a canny man.

Its easy to set up as well, there is a website for the CH stuff for the likes of profiles and tech help, a chap from CH runs it and is a great help to many.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:38 pm

Thanks Ardmore! I think to add to the immersion, and be ready for BOB, in the coming months I will invest in CH stick and peddles. Then I'll just have to get that vector expansion for my TIR3, and later a new computer. :D

But the real question is how much will BOB cost? I don't think I can afford paying say over $60 Canadian, $55 OK, but $60 is too much. :roll:

Best regards,
TactS!
Last edited by :FI:TacticalS! on Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

So look fo a compromise...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:25 am

...and fork over $61 Canadian. ;)

*runs*
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x