Sunday, June 12th

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Sunday, June 12th

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:51 am

Greetings mates (especially those who flew today),

Just a quick note to let you know that I was experiencing headset problems and an ongoing Internet connection issue. My apologies. I think the headset problem has been resolved, but my Internet provider is expected to hopefully resolve my connection problem tomorrow.

Sorry I was unable to host the second mission Genosse. :( With these issues it kinda bummed me out I guess (and I was so looking forward to flying today too, especially since I was home alone for the afternoon - YES! :D ).

Had some fun in the A-20 with Gen flying a IL-2. Had a rough time adjusting to the torque in the La-5N though.

And, great DF btw Gadje! Darn that G2's turning ability. I owe YOU two kills real soon lad! :shock: :D And yes I do keep count. Would have "smack talked" you today but was too troubled by all my technical issues. Next week mate, next week for sure.

How did you guys do in that beautiful second map? I heard problems with framerates, didn't I? Personally I think that one is too large for online play, and Ian makes his flight distances a little too long for :FI: play IMO.

Well, must retire for the night. Hope to fly with a proper connection next week folks. Until then Gadje, sleep with your eyes open. :C[[

Tact - "forgive and forget" - S!
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Sobering experience

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:55 am

Tactical, ole bean!

Well, there was no second mission that I hosted yesterday. My little girl desperately needed my attention so I had to quit really early ... :(

Talking of framerates ... yes, it´s a big map with lots of objects on it especially lots of AAs. This could be a reason for causing troubles. Another point was my connection. Looking at the pings I sadly have to recognize that I´m able to provide a match for eight peeps only! But look for yourselves ...

But what have I expected by my connection upgrade? :cry:

This mission was originally concepted to be played on the by.sturmovik.de server. The chaps there do like mega-sized mission like this one. Believe me that I won´t bother you with this mission anymore ... ;)

Anyhow, I enjoyed this match very much ... since the latest patch even more! It´s well spiced now! :D

^:)

BTW, no worries about your disappearance yesterday, Tactical! Honestly, after two and a half hours playing this match I had enough of doing another mission. My eyes had started to burn already!

:lol: ;)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:27 am

I njoyed it and look... I had the highest points at one point!
:shock: :lol:
The one thing about that mission was the distance for the Focke wulfs, the flight time was quite a bit.
good fun flying with you all again last night :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:05 pm

Great folks.

Yes, while I enjoyed some ground pounding too Genosse (haven't done that in a while), I was rather tired towads the end of that epic mission also mate. Nice change with such limited icons.

Framerates were fine for me. I wouldn't be disappointed Gen about the pings. Sixteen Rogues from North America/Europe is pretty good, especially since it is not a dedicated server you were running.

With regards to Ian Boys stuff, I think he's a great map maker but either is spoiled by T1 connections or has offline campaigns in mind when he builds missions. ;) Editing his other mission for one of the new maps I noticed he likes a lot of AA and ships with high ROF. Not great for fps online. :(

TactS!
Skipper
Forum Junky

Post by Skipper » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:11 pm

I just came on to say sorry that I quit after about 5 minutes or so. :(

I was experiencing lots of jumping and genral slowness even with my new graphics card and 1 GB of RAM. :? :(

Perhaps it was beacuse there was so many others online and the mission was so large.

Apologies again.

Skipper
"Nothing in Life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:36 pm

frames were fine for me minimal lags, I have turned all my settings down though
sigh, time for a new system lol
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:01 pm

So far my 3+ year old system is holding its own - Dell Dimension 8250, P4 3.06 GHz HT, nVIDIA 6800 GT OC video card with 256 MB, 1 GB RDRAM, Soundblaster, DSL Internet (when it works properly anyway ;) ).

I'm using the new clouds, running Perfect on/offline (except when I host), with Water=1, and 2QAA (simulates 4XAA) on the card. Was getting 50-60 down low yesterday.

Only stutter was when folks joined, and then it was only minor mate. What does surprise me was that someone like Rules ping was higher than say Rab. Rab still in the US right? Rules has high-speed right? Either Rab has a T1 connection or Rules' Internet provider sucks ;) (just kiddin' mate). The Internet can sure be unpredictable at times.

TactS!
L.F
Forum Junky

Post by L.F » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:01 pm

even if I missed the early matches, I still had alot of fun flying the Fw-190. :)
Og det er det stora,
og det er det glupa,
at Merket det stend,
um Mannen han stupa.
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:08 am

:FI:TacticalS! wrote:So far my 3+ year old system is holding its own - Dell Dimension 8250, P4 3.06 GHz HT, nVIDIA 6800 GT OC video card with 256 MB, 1 GB RDRAM, Soundblaster, DSL Internet (when it works properly anyway ;) ).

TactS!
git. :lol:
I'm running at medium and low everything cept plane details lol I likes my skins ok?
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Post by MikeVictor » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:01 am

I was out of town Sunday afternoon. Will try to hook up some time soon.

Take care,

MikeV :bart: