hyperlobby problem

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
McBiggles

hyperlobby problem

Post by McBiggles » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:31 pm

Gents,

For some reason hyperlobby can't find IL-2 so it can be executed. And, after trying most of the day to make it work I feel like executing somthing too. I know there is somthing that can be done, I've read some of the posts here, and am sure it can be done. Problem is, I get lost in a few steps. What we have here gentlemen is a fortyseven year old stonemason who only recently started to feel comfortable with cement mixers. All of this port opening is a little intimidating.
I just got XP Media thingy Sony Viao Type Mk unknown. So any help would be good. Thanks. Now, I'm off to the pub.
McBiggles
MikeVictor
Forum Junky

Where did I put that thing

Post by MikeVictor » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:48 pm

My best guess is that the path to the game is not correct. HL looks for a specific folder name for IL2 when it sets up, I think..

If you changed the name or location of the IL2 folder when you installed the game, HL may not be able to find it.

If you did change the name of the folder during the install for IL2, then when you set up HL, you need to manually input the path to IL2...I think.

Just a guess, but probably the most common reason for not finding a folder when setting up a software program.

Not sure,

MikeVictor :?:
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:03 pm

My guess is that you are trying to point to the old IL-2 game or something other than Forgotten Battles in the Games Listing within HyperLobby. Take another look within HL and make sure you are selecting Forgotten Battles (upper right panel).
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:27 pm

Well, It turns out you are both right . Operator error as well. I think I've got it sorted. Try and find out Wed night? Isn't that a good time to find you lads? Again, thanks.

McBiggles
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:44 pm

Great to hear McBiggles!

As for this Wednesday (June 15th), SnoopBaron will still be away (he usually hosts the training), and I have been rather busy this week too. :( I also read somewhere that another regular, Heloego, might also be busy. But certainly jump onto HL around 10:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time Zone / -3 GMT) just in case we can make it (or there are some other :FI: mates hanging around).

Also, there are usually Euro mates online between 3:00-6:00 p.m. (Atlantic Time Zone / -3 GMT) most evenings.

If I don't see you this Wednesay I should next week!

Regards,
Tact - "I can't seem to find anytime to practice with the new patch" - S! :?