The Dilemma of Battlefield

Everything that got nothing to do with games we play ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon May 16, 2005 5:43 am

No problem, Tactical you are always much better at responding early than I am :)

Well I'm happy to hear you will join us this Wednesday :). Mike is coming over again and I told him we would play BF1942. I've installed it on his computer and I've downloaded the client and server downloads for Battlegroup 42. So if all goes well all three of us should be able to play together :D

Mike is still getting used to playing online, he flew with us all today but he was pretty quiet. He got a bit lost because his chat window was resized so he couldn't see any of the text messages. Hence he spent a lot of time lost and didn't clue me in as to what was going on. Well he had a lot of fun anyways and I'll work on getting him to speak up. IL2 is a lot to absorb for a casual gamers like mike but he really likes it and I'm sure he will eventualy join :) If he doesn't I'll force him some how :badgrin:

The WW1 mod looks good I think I will download that next :D

Did you see the pirate mod! Man there are tons of mods for BF1942!

s!
Snoop
:FI:Dutchman
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Dutchman » Thu May 19, 2005 12:33 pm

yeah great Snoop and the 1861 mod looks fun too I can't hardly wait.
to get my hands on this.

wow this will be fun with you all

And Tact I am with ya when it is out !! ('ive ordered the BFII keyboard overlay for the Z-board at Kcid's already)

look at this

ohh man great is'nt it

So long ...
Dutch..,

ImageImageImage
Better loose one minute in your life, than loose your life in one minute...
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Thu May 19, 2005 12:57 pm

Nice pic Dutch.

I enjoyed your CoD 2 update. The first thing that hit me was much better scale between surroundings and solider, suggesting larger maps perhaps which in turn will really enhance both staying together plus using various weapons (i.e., sniper, assault, etc).

I always look forward to AI improvements. Let's face it, all games are getting prettier nowadays, but what keeps you playing for any real length of time is the AI/game engine. Any mention of COOP mode for CoD 2 Dutch?

I have no doubt both games will look great and become hallmarks in this genre. What will be interesting is whether CoD will venture into the world of BF by allowing more interaction with vehicles, tanks, planes, etc . . . They of course have started a bit into this area already.

TactS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Mon May 30, 2005 7:30 pm

Here's what it will include below. However, are you listening Snoop?, it WON'T include online COOP play unlike 1942. :( I really enjoy that feature, especially if you don't have a lot of mates available to play.

# Online multiplayer action with up to 64 players on the PC.
# All-new gameplay engine brings the immense locations to life complete with realistic physics and dynamic lighting.
# Maps scale to the number of players engaging in battle for a unique and intense experience every time.
# Take control of over 30 land, sea, and air vehicles, including tanks, helicopters, hovercraft, fast attack vehicles, and fighter jets.
# Choose to battle as U.S., Chinese, or Middle East Coalition troops, each with their own unique arsenals.
# A variety of solider classes including Assault, Sniper, Special Ops, Combat Engineer, Medic, Heavy Weapons, and Anti-Tank units.
# New state-of-the-art weapon systems, including wire-guided missiles and laser designated bombs.
# Material penetration feature makes sure players know the difference between cover and concealment.
# Character Persistence and Growth. With in-game success, players increase their rank from recruit all the way to General and unlock new weapons, medals, and more.
# Join a squad or select the new Commander Mode to assume the strategic role of a battlefield commander directing his forces.
# Full in-game community support including, buddy lists, stat tracking, live chat rooms, and in-game clan creation.
# Voice over IP supported with headset.
CrimsonFox
Professional Boardie

Post by CrimsonFox » Mon May 30, 2005 9:55 pm

Sounds pretty bloody awesome to me. when does it come out?

-CrimsonFox
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Tue May 31, 2005 5:18 am

Sounds great except for no COOP.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue May 31, 2005 12:59 pm

Indeed Snoop. I have been enjoying the online COOP mode, as it allows even just the two of us a fairly immersive experience as we fight along side of AI comrades.

There is talk that a third-party may make this an option, or perhaps DICE (Canadian developer of BF series) an option in an addon. Surprised, as this has really separated the series from new ones like CoD.

----------

Crimson it is suppose to be released next month. I'll wait to see what the reviews are like, especially what technical problems given the demands this game will place on one's machine.

TactS!
CrimsonFox
Professional Boardie

Post by CrimsonFox » Tue May 31, 2005 5:34 pm

Roger that. The graphics are pretty great and I'm wondering if my Radeon 9000 will be able to handle it too. Hmmm the games keep getting better but at a cost to us with upgrading our computers just to play them. I wonder if it's a DVD game because that seems to be the new thing now, less CD's only one DVD for Silent Hunter III.

-CrimsonFox
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Tue May 31, 2005 8:19 pm

Yes there is a DVD version (and maybe CD also).
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:19 am

Battlefield 2

Release Date June 21, 2005 (usually a day or two afterwards in Canada)

Crim here are the MINIMUM system specs. The recommended ones haven't been released yet. Like everything, the game will no doubt improve after the first game patch and/or graphics card driver update.

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (subject to change)

CD ROM 16x or faster CD/DVD drive
CPU Speed 933 MHZ Intel
Disk Space 2.0 GB of free space
Graphics AGP video card with 64 MB + NVIDIA GeForce 3 or a ATI Radeon 8500
Memory (RAM) 256 MB or more
ESRB Rating RP
Windows Compatibility MS Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlef ... s/home.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrimsonFox
Professional Boardie

Post by CrimsonFox » Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:53 am

Cool looks like I'm going to be okay then! Thanks TacticalS now I don't have to do the research ;) who's ready for more realism in thier combat war games? I am.

-CrimsonFox