new flight sim coming?

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Beowolff
Postmaster

new flight sim coming?

Post by Beowolff » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:17 am

looks interesting, has some neat features....

but from Codemaster? come on! i do hope it makes it out though... we need MORE interest in our beloved WW2 sims.

check it here:

http://www.heroesofthepacific.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:27 am

Tried to d/l the movie for that. Got this;
You’ve reached this page because you are not logged in as a registered user or FilePlanet subscriber.

Already a member? Click to log in with your existing GameSpy ID.

Not a member yet? Join FilePlanet with a Free Basic or Subscription membership.
Ain't worth it to me..... :lol:
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

Sapper-FIN
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by Sapper-FIN » Fri Apr 29, 2005 3:42 pm

Arcade Flying Game
Arcade
Nah... if i wanna play arcade flying game, i´ll log in to server, which has externals on ;)
"If the thought of doing something makes me giggle for longer than 15 seconds, I am to assume that I am not allowed to do it."
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Apr 30, 2005 6:41 pm

Looks pretty arcadish to me...Yaks and Raidens taking off from carriers? :?

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Thu May 05, 2005 1:16 pm

Just watched a trailer of it and thought the graphics were a bit too good to be true, they are! :( The FM, well, seems a little arcadish all the programing gone on the gfx I s'pose. I agree with Beo here though the more the merrier when it comes to flight sims :D it's a negelected area compared to a few years back.... Ahh, I used to love the Janes stuff :D
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Fri May 06, 2005 12:12 am

exactly my point, ianus.... even if this sim turns out to be arcadish, and i use that term loosely---to differentiate between us hard core simmers and the casual (no real knowledge of ww2 planes or history) gamer that might like to try their hand at combat flying---any sort of half-way decent game that "might" attract new blood (and therefore NEW game designers/publisher's money) has to be a PLUS for us all in the long run.

if enough NEW people get excited about WW2 combat flying, certainly NEW publishers/developers will ALSO become interested and excited (drooling over possible sales/money but what the heck?) and that's a win win for us. we're sort of on our last leg here otherwise. sure, Oleg seems to be really into the WW2 flying market... but if sales sag too much, he'll be forced (out of continued survival) to turn to other means to bring home the family bacon. roll in Maddox X-Box and other twitch games. roll OUT Maddox authentic, EXPENSIVE and HARD TO PRODUCE ww2 aircombat sims. :cry:

and because of the sagging interest, the high cost of research and development and the expense of high quality model making... nobody else even seems really interested anymore. its a NICHE market, they all say... really, a NICHE MARKET INSIDE A NICHE MARKET (flight sims of any type...but the WW2 combat ones are spin offs of those slightly MORE popular flight ones---like the MS Flight Sim types.) and niche markets mean way less cashola for the fat cat producers... so for sure, MOST of those REALLY aren't interested. they're looking for the quick buck anyway.

so----arcadish or not, to me, ANY sort of halfway decent WW2 combat flight sim is a welcome thing. who know---it might light a fire under some of the younger kids and get them REALLY interested in REAL, HARD CORE flight sims... and KEEP us flying for years and years to come.

and by the way... compared to IL2/Aces/Forgotten Battles/PF... even the slick Janes line of older sims were arcadish... yet they worked okay, and got a ton of people flying, and that was VERY important. and yeah, i loved them too... course now, i doubt i could stand to fly them. :lol:

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;