Halfway To Getting My Wings Back

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:ZekeMan
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Halfway To Getting My Wings Back

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:21 pm

Well I've scraped together about half of what I need for a new hard drive for my dead system. Getting another $20 for a computer job, so that means I'll only be short another $30. Woo Hoo! Getting real old doing all my puter business on my laptop, and the fact that I can't game at all...UGH! :(

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:11 am

I've heard of a place in Nashville where fat, older women (often VERY ugly) will pay good money for strange things...

you want i should pick up some more details for ya on that? it 'would' get ya in the air quicker...

:lol:

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

My bank manager says...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:58 pm

I should ask you for more details....

:?
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde

Post by Guest » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:50 pm

Hard drive is on the way and will be here the 15th! Yee ha! Dude paid me double to fix his computer by the next day. I shall be airborne soon!

Z
:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:58 pm

wey!
:)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:45 am

well, all i can say is that there is sure gonna' be some VERY dis-pleased older, fat/ugly women in Nashville over this...

i wouldn't drive along interstate 40 thru Nashville anytime soon if i were you.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:01 am

I will avoid it like the plague, brother! :p

Z

We sleep safe in our beds, because rough men stand ready in the night, to visit violence upon those that would do us harm... James Orwell
arne_and
Postmaster

Post by arne_and » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:17 am

Start playing poker m8! http://www.vcpoker.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:17 am

Will be getting the new hard drive this Teusday, so figure a day or two to get all my *&^% back on the computer, I figure I can be in the air by the weekend anyhow. Falcon, whoever, would I just join up on Snoops' server to be "evaluated" or do you guys have a special place/time for this to occur?

Z

:FI:Spitsfire
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Spitsfire » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:20 am

just turn up and have a laugh with us :)
Winner of the FIS pink n'shiney,
"Gee winkies! I've been here over a year
and am still completely normal,
pookey-pookey-pookey." Award!
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:28 am

Right-O!

Z

Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:59 am

can't wait to fly with you again, brother...

let me know when you're ready to 'test' out your new drive.

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:19 pm

Well lads, looks like my buddy Murphy has struck again. I won't be in the air any time soon. Been fighting for the past day or more trying to get this new HD to work and am running out of options. Cannot get WinXP to load on the damn drive. If I need to return the drive it'll be a week or more until I get a new one. I'm waiting to hear from the mobo tech support.

Z

:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Tue Mar 15, 2005 7:34 pm

:( Well m8 I´v hade the same problem...got a disc with a program caled MAXBLAST II that I had in the floppy-driver at start up...
Then I just followed the instructions on the disk and it was fine.

Try to get the program, and you might be fine.(get the MK-2 not MK-3, 3 only works on hard-drives made by a specific manufacturer)
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:ZekeMan » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:39 pm

Maxblast only works with Maxtor drives which I have sworn off of. Something goofy is up someplace. I was finally able to get the WinXP setup files loaded, but when the computer reboots its as if it forgets everything and can't find the HD again. If anyone has any puter expertise out there, I'd love some insight about now before I put a bloody armor peircing round through the whole daft computer. :evil:

Z