(RE)INSTALLATION WOES :(

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
Alchemist

(RE)INSTALLATION WOES :(

Post by Alchemist » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:28 pm

](*,) :O~ That about says it all. I have had to reformat my hard drive, and having a hell of a time installing IL-2+AEP+PF.

It installed on the first try, but wouldn't run. Now it won't install at all. "...error 1610 corrupt configuration data.

I am working my way through the UbiSoft Forum help, and am sure I'll get it eventually. In the meantime, I wanted you to know why I wasn't buzzing around, shooting myself & my mates in the foot. :beer: !

While I am manly enough not to ask for help/instructions, any posts on the subject would somehow get integreated into my reinstallation planning. As long as the advice is unsoliced, it is ok to listen to it.

Being truly manly in the politically correct times is exacting, but I like to feel that I can rise to the occasion :D

Miss 'yall & see u soon,

:FI:Alchemist (Tom O'Carroll)
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Feb 11, 2005 1:55 am

Good luck Tom :)

Psychclone

Post by Guest » Fri Feb 11, 2005 2:02 am

Do a search for IL2 FB , and make sure the uninstall didnt leave anything behind . It usally leaves one folder with user prefs after a uninstall . I would do search for anything IL2 or UBI and make sure its all gone before install .

GL , Psychlone
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:14 pm

hello Tom, i recently reinstalled IL-2 and it went soemthing like this:

FB+AEP(with all patches)+PF to 3.04m.

you can get the AEP patches at the bottom of this page: http://www.3dgamers.com/games/il2sturmovik2/downloads/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

goodluck sir

^:)
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein