inverted lifespan

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

inverted lifespan

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:02 am

Ok…what if…

If time went the other way….life would be great….It would be like his….

A couple of lads bring u in a nice box right on time to have a party. Then you live as an old guy, peacefully , in yer house.You become younger and younger. One day you get a huge sum of Money and start to work…still getting younger and younger.You work for abort 40 years and go to a high school.You party more and more often, the same with sex, alcohol, drugs. Then ya are ready to go to school. Less and less is demanded from you, more and more time for playing (with the FIS:)) . You get smaller and smaller , stop using the toilet......ekkhmmm...and in the end you are placed in …ehh… ,where you are swimming for 9 months. And then?

and I became a Postmaster! Post-Master! Master Post.So I mastered posting!!!!! How came....hmmm.....use yer brain, Macca, think boy, think.....

got it....!!!

after nine months....

Boom and your life ends up with an orgazm!!!

S! my dear m8s!!!
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Re: inverted lifespan

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:16 am

:FI:Macca44 wrote:Boom and your life ends up with an orgazm!!!
:D

ya, but it's not your orgasm!

Fal "48 years 'till the final orgasm" con

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Re: inverted lifespan

Post by :FI:Macca » Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:21 am

:FI:Falcon wrote:
:D

ya, but it's not your orgasm!

Fal "48 years 'till the final orgasm" con

Yes, but ya had lots of them earlier,later,oh....before getting too young :)
ImageImageImage
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:11 am

Hmm very interesting :-k

So if you stuff food up your ass will poop come out your mouth :lol:

watch south park and find out
:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Hmmm...

Post by :FI:Fenian » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:17 pm

I know people at work who have poop comin' outta der mouths all the time.... never see them eatin' in public though....

Hmmm....

Nice idea Mac! Especially like the party after the box is withdrawn from the damp hole in the ground :lol:
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:51 pm

actually there was a series of science fiction books from Roger Zelany (spelled right?) several (read about 15 or 20) years ago that used the inverted lifeline premise. excellent books and a thoughtful and interesting premise. i can't remember the name of the series offhand, but they started with the hero/main charactor just "appearing" along the side of a inter-time/interdimensional highway as an old dude---pushing a worn-out chevy truck. as the story progressed, this guy got "younger."

it was a neat storyline, with many neat ideas. that interstate for instance, was sheer death, as both real time and ALL time could travel along it, along with interdimensional travelers... and most of those travelers unseen. you step out onto that roadway at the wrong instant and SPLAT! the guy (hero) was a gun-runner, running or attempting to run, say Browning Automatic Rifles to the Spartans, or Claymores to the Apache.

for companions he had the old chevy truck (which seemed to be alive in some odd way and could actually drive itself if needed) a brilliant book with an embedded computer chip that was self-aware and sort of a know-it-all smarty-pants, an alien humanoid-like robot that was a planet killer (but hated the thought of killing,) and of course the beautiful girl that always seemed confused about everything.

i've often toyed with using a similiar premise in one of my stories, but could never come up with a good angle... ie, how are you born OLD.

good thinking there... on the inverted lifespan though.

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Deathsledge
The Unforseeable

Post by Deathsledge » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:16 pm

:lol:
There are two things that are infinite in life, human stupidity and the universe, and I'm not too sure about the universe. Albert Einstein
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:03 pm

Beowolff wrote:... there was a series of science fiction books from Roger Zelany ...
is this one of them?

I am SO far behind in my SF & F reading!

gah!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:41 am

nope.... i can't be sure (gettin' old is hellish) but i think the first book of the series might have been titled, Exit Ramps... or something along that line.

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
http://www.msnusers.com/BeowolffsRoninL ... slair.msnw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:48 am

oh, by the way, on that premise, ya know that ole Egghead himself (Eienstein) mathmatics proved that time "should" flow backward as well as forward. in fact, he was often puzzled because his equations checked out perfectly, but then as far as he could tell, it NEVER really worked that way in reality. ---though the equations always said that it SHOULD.

Hawkins confirmed his (Eienstein's) math and also agreed that it SHOULD work that way... but also scratched his head as to why it doesn't.

maybe they had a decimal in the wrong place or something.

still, food for deep thought, eh? especially after a few dozen beers.

Beo
Beowolff's Lair
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:48 am

???
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Has anyone noticed that ...

Post by :FI:Heloego » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:03 am

...Stephen Hawking is actually looking younger these days? ;)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Beowolff
Postmaster

Post by Beowolff » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:16 am

By jove----you've hit it, MAN! that's the one, Falcon! ahhh, brings back some memories of flopping down on a ratty ole sofa in my "then" girlfriend's apartment with that book, a half of a stale pizza, and a bottle of cheap Mexican beer (Del Sol, as I remember) and reading that book straight through until the very end! a damned good read... hope you've read it too.

and yeah, Helo... now that you mention it, Hawkings "does" seem a bit younger. hmmmm, makes ya wonder.

could he---? nah, surely not. but still---

:?:

Beowolff
Beowolff's Lair