Track IR I'm Cr*p

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
Ianus
Postmaster

Track IR I'm Cr*p

Post by Ianus » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:59 pm

Hi all,
My Track IR3 arrived yesterday and am having a whale of a time with it! Have sorted a profile out but am still finding it hard to adjust. I'm crap with it (not that I was too hot without it mind you). Have played a few hours but seems to have put my aim off a fair bit, which could be dodgy if I was on your wing!! :shock: Does everyone go through this or am I just an incompetent imbecile. If you did how long did it take to get better? Any tips anyone or should I just put my foot through my pc and take up Dominoes!! Or maybe even sell the track IR ;) Nah am still waiting on my new headphones :) ](*,)
:FI:WillieOFS
Post Maniac 1st Grade

Post by :FI:WillieOFS » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:15 am

I've had mine for a year now.. I have YET to get used to using it. I've found it quite frustrating. :?

I may go back to messing with it again and see if I can make it more enjoyable..

You do need a BIG dead zone so it doesn't move about with small head movements. I guess after you get more comfortable with it, you can reduce the dead zone settings.
Mindless Dribble and Off Topic posts are my specialty!

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:43 am

I have mucho respecto for Willie!

but in this ONE thing I disagree.

You will get comfortable with the TIR3

you will get good with it

you will cry if it breaks

you will suck if you lose it under the couch.

The TIR will become your best friend,

no 'bout a doubt it!!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:10 am

Hehe just played with this evening, yes.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Willie!

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:13 am

You are correct.

A large dead zone is preferable as a start, then narrowing it as you become more comfy with TIR.

ianus, don't despair!

You'll soon wonder how you got along without it.

Why, in just a few short weeks I've seen my stats take a nose dive from 7+ to approx 3.6 hit percentage! :lol:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:36 am

Played with it this evening for about six hours,, yep. I have bonded with my pc :beg: Cant wait to get my headphones now! Lol, wish it were that easy. I am a believer... \:D/
PsychClone

vector expansion

Post by PsychClone » Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:57 am

Any of you fellas have the vector expansion , seems like its worth the extra 50 bucks . I dont use my Trk IR much , but when I do I usally hit F9 disable it when i go to guns . I am left handed and have always used stick in left and mouse in right hand so I am completely comfortable paning with mouse . The track IR is fun though .
Ianus
Postmaster

Post by Ianus » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:33 pm

I don't but from what I have read it seems worth it. Did toy with the idea of hitting F9 when lining up a shot but have decided against it. Already my aim has improved. It just feels a litttle unatural at first because the gunsight is distorted but if it on target it's on target if you know what I mean!