GHOST SKIES starts June 18th!

Dates, News and Comments
CRASH
Beginner

GHOST SKIES starts June 18th!

Post by CRASH » Sat Jun 12, 2004 7:52 am

:FI: is already signed up. Make sure you get the new maps, new timer, and new rules!

See you in the air!!
:FI:RULES
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:RULES » Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:26 am

:? What´s wrong with the old me? :? :?
"Ammunition clearance is a science with uncertain assumptions, based on disputed calculations. Derived from none convincing experiments carried out by persons with doubtful reliability and questioned mental capacities using instrument of doubtful precision".
Grecian
Postmaster

Post by Grecian » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:45 pm

Don't know anything about Ghost Skies can someone provide a link pls
"There are old pilots and there are bold pilots but there are no old bold pilots..." Frank Spencer.

:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

The link

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:43 am

http://www.ghostskies.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But also take a look here, please ...
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
CRASH
Beginner

Post by CRASH » Sat Jun 19, 2004 10:47 pm

Fenian just told me you guys are not wanting to compete in Ghost Skies. I was very shocked to say the least. :?

Can I ask why?

If :FI: is completely pulling out, I would need the current CO, listed as CRAZY, but whoever is currently in charge to contact me.

I hope you reconsider. :FI: used to be a very big supporter of the league. I can't think of a reason why that would have changed.
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:37 am

Right,

who wants to be the CO this week?!

Should we make Crazy to do it again?

He does look kinna snappy when you clean him up a bit.

Oh, Craaaaaa-zeeee?!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:04 am

I agree Falcon. Let's give Crazy a bath and put some Old Spice on the wee lad. We all know he could use a bath. ;)
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:13 am

Hi Crash
CRASH wrote:Fenian just told me you guys are not wanting to compete in Ghost Skies. I was very shocked to say the least. :?

Can I ask why?

If :FI: is completely pulling out, I would need the current CO, listed as CRAZY, but whoever is currently in charge to contact me.

I hope you reconsider. :FI: used to be a very big supporter of the league. I can't think of a reason why that would have changed.
I must admit I thought we had already pulled out at the late testing stage back at the end of February? I think collectively as a squad at that time we competed in 1 8x8 session and maybe a couple of 2x2 so whilst we may have been vocally supportive of the GS league we perhaps did not back that up through action.

From a personal perspective there were a few areas that kinda put me off... and I do stress that this is from a personal perspective as with this sort of thing it is very much horses for courses.

Complexity of the rules and scoring and the effort that would be needed in organising and setting up matches

To make it worthwhile being a participant in the league would require a fairly high level of commitment over the session cycle. I only have limited time to be involved in online flying and I would rather spend that time doing a few co-ops or something like VOW. The one inter-squad session we did have did little to promote the way I like to play the game.

By my own admission I'm not a very good dogfighter. Getting involved in a GS air-quake session to prove that I am not a very good dog-fighter is a bit of a turn off.

GS isn't offering me anything new that I am not getting from the game already. I don't need the GS wrapper to have a bit of fun dog fighting either on my own or with some squaddies, but the GS wrapper does bring additional overheads that I can do with out, e.g. settings negotiation, hosting, reporting etc

...oh yeah and nothing to bomb and fire rockets at ;)

G
I fear no beer

:FI:Fenian
Just pink and fluffy

Yup

Post by :FI:Fenian » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:48 am

Well put Gurb.

Sorry Crash, but that's the general opinion.

We wish you good luck with the competition and hope to continue to fly with you in the future

S!

:)
_________
:FI:Fenian

"When people agree with me I always feel that I must be wrong."
Oscar Wilde
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:02 pm

I just got wind of this from SneakyR:

Squad recruiting link at Ghost Skies
http://www.ghostskies.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

F

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.