Nifty Idea on IL-2 Forums

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Nifty Idea on IL-2 Forums

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:01 am

I thought this was a really creative idea worth sharing.
It does require PWCG, which I haven't used much (or in years now), but he also mentions the option of doing this as a coop campaign. I had forgotten that PWCG now offers that option. From reading several of the posts discussing it, sounds like the AI has improved enough to make offline flying bearable & pretty interesting. Maybe we should consider loading up PWCG & doing something with it, whether that is participating in this idea or not.
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Nifty Idea on IL-2 Forums

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:48 am

Hiya Larry!

I'm going to take a look at it as soon I've got some time. I've to admit that I'm up for something new strengthen the FI flying together as a squad again ...

Gen ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:29 pm

I would be up for this as well.

Vinny
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:27 am

Even 2 or 3 of us participating would be good enough for me. Glad you two feel it's worth looking into. We'll see where this goes.
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:18 pm

I'll look into it as well.
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:03 am

Well, I downloaded & installed latest versions of Java (64 bit as required) and PWCG. The program launched fine. I told it that I own all the planes, and was able to view all screens linked from the opening GUI screen after that. However, I'm not able to create a campaign! I can select a country, type in a campaign name, and select either single player or COOP, but the 'create mission' button remains grayed out, no matter what order I do those steps in. So, already encountering 'challenges.' If any of you get to this point & crack the code, let me know so we can put our heads together.

I also watched about half of Pat's videos. But he made them using an earlier version and has totally changed the GUI screens since then, so they're not too helpful for the problem I have. If none of you have better luck, I'll reach out for help on the IL-2 forums.