Hello you all

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Gadje
The Unforseeable

Hello you all

Post by :FI:Gadje » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 am

Firstly sorry to Gen. I asked for access then took this long to contact you all. Sorry M8 .
Hello my fellow squadmates. I hope life is treating you all well in these strange times. I hanker for the old days where murdering folk and being murdered in IL-2 was the norm. I do miss it but extremely happy I was part of some amazing times with you all and so happy to have been a part of a great squad. Great memories. Great people. Thanks to Gen for holding us crazies together!
I still fly sim regularly. Warthunder mainly. Before you laugh, I get my arse handed to me a lot there, and that is all I need.... to want to keep improving. Mikester has given up sim flying for the moment but I hope to get him onboard with sims again once he sees my planned VR rig for my 60th. :D
Interestingly I've never looked to join another squad in sims because ..well ....I was guess in the best! great criac. I do miss flying with you all. Even Pike. Amazing what nostagia can do.
Perhaps we can fly together again one day, I'd enjoy that -. I still have old IL-2 and IL-2 BOS. Perhaps just a Sunday night chat and laugh will do just as well. It would be great to catch up with you all and chew the fat.

S! old comrades

:FI:Gadje
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Re: Hello you all

Post by :FI:Genosse » Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Hiya Graham,

welcome back on these boards, mate! It's really good to see you're still alive and kicking. :D
:FI:Gadje wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 am Firstly sorry to Gen. I asked for access then took this long to contact you all. Sorry M8 .
No big deal. ;)
:FI:Gadje wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 amHello my fellow squadmates. I hope life is treating you all well in these strange times. I hanker for the old days where murdering folk and being murdered in IL-2 was the norm. I do miss it but extremely happy I was part of some amazing times with you all and so happy to have been a part of a great squad. Great memories. Great people. Thanks to Gen for holding us crazies together!

[...]

Interestingly I've never looked to join another squad in sims because ..well ....I was guess in the best! great criac. I do miss flying with you all. Even Pike. Amazing what nostagia can do.
If it was up to me you still are a member of our squad, Graham. But I'm just one of many ... or the few left ... :roll:
:FI:Gadje wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 amI still fly sim regularly. Warthunder mainly. Before you laugh, I get my arse handed to me a lot there, and that is all I need.... to want to keep improving.
No laughter by me. What ever challenges and thus satisfies you is good. I've to admit that WT is not my cup of tea though. :-k
:FI:Gadje wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 amMikester has given up sim flying for the moment but I hope to get him onboard with sims again once he sees my planned VR rig for my 60th.
I honestly hope your plans come together ... 8)
:FI:Gadje wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:50 amPerhaps we can fly together again one day, I'd enjoy that -. I still have old IL-2 and IL-2 BOS. Perhaps just a Sunday night chat and laugh will do just as well. It would be great to catch up with you all and chew the fat.
Unfortunately we dropped down flying IL-2 BOS just on Sundays only. But we've started to fly some COOP missions with the chaps of SYNDICATE squadron lately that I frankly spoken quite enjoy.

Join us in anytime you want, Graham. You're still welcome to do so, mate. :D

Gen "Mr Typo" osse ^:)
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Hi Gadje! Good to see yer still up and about. ;)

We miss ya, mate!
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:47 pm

Graham! I somehow missed this earlier - just don't frequent this forum nearly as often as older days.
Great to hear from you. We've longed for some news of our Scottish mates, and as the others said you are dearly missed!
Definitely hope you (and Mike eventually) will find your way back to joining us. The new IL-2 has been a journey, & while not as easy & convenient as the old one yet, it gets better every year & is now very pollished & quite a lot of fun.

As Frank mentioned, the flights lately with Syndicate squad have been great fun. This Covid year distracted me from simming as much, but I see myself returning more & more to it from here on. I hope you "catch the bug" again, especially with your new rig. Have fun with that!

As you said, even some time visiting & catching up would be better than nothing. Hope we do that soon. Meanwhile, all the very best to you & your family. Please pass along those same wishes to Mike & his clan. S! :D