Iron Front screenies

Dates, News and Comments
:FI:Bluebell
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Iron Front screenies

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Some pics from our recent foray into Iron Front territory -

The first three are from the Omaha DLC, the rest from assorted coops based on the Eastern Front.

Vin
Oh the things you can find, if you don’t stay behind. – Dr. Seuss
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Re: Iron Front screenies

Post by :FI:Moog » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:59 pm

Cool screens Vin - it's interesting to see the Omaha map side by side with the Eastern Front maps - totally different look and feel.

The mission in pics 1-3 was very tough. It's intended for a full squad. The two of us didn't last long!

The Omaha Beach map is brilliant. I was there a few years ago and the environment in-game 'feels' right. The hedgerows run at unusual angles and there are very gentle undulations in the terrain. It got me to thinking how closely it resembles the real location... I overlaid Vin's map screenshot on top of a 1947 aerial image of the same area in Google Earth and it matches almost exactly! Have a look:

For anyone interested, I saved the overlays in a Google Earth KMZ file. Download it here (7.39MB) and have a play around with the layers and transparencies to see just how similar they are.
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
:FI:Moog
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Moog » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Iron Front is being ported over to A3:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... -in-Arma-3

Nice, simple fire-and-forget installation via Play withSix. Any interest in revisiting this?

Can't believe it's been almost a year since those screenies were taken. Was that the same night we did an Eastern Front mission with a tank attack and counter attack? Think it was me, Vin and Dec as Russian infantry assaulting a roadblock, defending against a German armoured attack and awaiting a friendly armoured counterattack - except that the counterattack didn't trigger for a long time and we were left playing cat and mouse with the panzers until it got dark, anyone else remember that?
"Can that thing fire?"

Loopy Girdlekisser...
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Remember it well, Barra. Seen that porting mentioned over on Simhq but it was reported as being pretty buggy at the moment. Still got iron front on the hard drive and wouldn't mind a run out in it, even if its just the two of us.

Vin
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Bluebell » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Thought I'd download this port to see how it was (through Playwith Six of course) and lo and behold no problems that I could see, mind you the missions I made previously (including the one you mention) were not ported over but there is a fix for that. Forgot how good this game is, shame its only a few of us that have this and even less when you take into consideration Arma 3 side of things.

Vin