Making debts and so ...

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Making debts and so ...

Post by :FI:Genosse » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:02 am

Folks!

Now that the Germans are already as popular as they were 1945 due to their financial supremacy I thought I might take the chance to present you some figures that show you that this supremacy is based on debts created by our loved politicians through the last decades.

First of all let me briefly explain how Germany is politically structured: on top of all there's the federal government and the parliaments (Bundestag/Bundesrat) in Berlin, followed by the 16 local federal states (Bundesländer) in the middle and finally on the bottom the several municipalities (Gemeinden/Städte). Each of these instances is allowed to tax the German citizens. So far, so clear?

Alright, now let's get to the latest official figures raised by the German authorities:

Debts per head
This means for me as a German citizen living in the state of North Rhine Westphalia in the city of Neuss that I owe the national and international banks an amount of 39.532 € ( 77.317,90 DM, 32.595,70 GBP, 51.749,40 US$, 51.573,90 CAD, 163.477 PLN ) although I haven't borrowed that money. We're five persons in my family so totally it's about 197.660 € we're owing somebody. Interesting, uh?

Maybe you can now understand why I do love Mrs Merkel and her fellows sooooooooooo much ... not! :evil:

What the debts situation in your countries, folks? :?:
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: Making debts and so ...

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:26 am

Irish national debt at the moment is lowest estimate 120, billion, population 4.5 million,which is a bill to the EU/German central bank of 26.666.66 per man woman and child in ireland :D .1/5 of which are none irish and at any time can go home :^o which can bring that estimate up to well over 30 grand =D] , this doesn't include the taxes that will have to be raised to actually run the country. at least in greece they have the sun.

edit i was slightly off

http://www.debtclock.ie/

depends were you look

http://nationaldebtclocks.com/irelandinclnama.htm
Last edited by :FI:Wolfhound on Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:59 pm

about $50,000* per person?

that's our lot too

gah!

but at least we have hope

president Sarah Palin will be our savior!!!

* at least I think it's ~50000

the numbers keep changing

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Post by :FI:Armitage » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:30 pm

But at least in the case of Germany a lot of the debit is either war repatriations, cost of unifying West/East Germany or debt to build infrastructure.

Most of the Irish debit is due to bailing out our banks (some of it from our first bail out of a bank from the 1980s!) and bondholders.

Another big chunk is to pay for our day to day expenses and state pensions (because our "leaders" raider our National Pension fund to help bail out the banks).

Per capita Ireland has the highest level of debt in the world. What is interesting is that only one other country has ever come close to our per capita debit and that was during 1941-1945 when they were fighting a world war on two fronts...yes its the USA.
:FI:Mefisto
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Mefisto » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:07 pm

Gen, I almost feel guilty by going to 'their' country and steeling their jobs ;) well, at least some of the football players do, and start few brawls as I hear ;)

here you go:
http://www.zegardlugu.pl/

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... lugu.pl%2F

and one seems to be more reliable:
http://www.dlugpubliczny.org.pl/pl

Its all about juggling the numbers Frank :)
Loss on paper may look as gain etc ;)
(yes, you need to be Hogwart's Department of Economics Graduate)

Is seems we still need to learn from Greece and their gov - they are able to convince the rest of the world to get more cash from Your's banks Frank :D

Anyway I would like to boosts Your country's Economy by sharing some Altbiers ;)
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 pm

:FI:Mefisto wrote:Gen, I almost feel guilty by going to 'their' country and steeling their jobs ;) well, at least some of the football players do, and start few brawls as I hear ;)

here you go:
http://www.zegardlugu.pl/

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... lugu.pl%2F

and one seems to be more reliable:
http://www.dlugpubliczny.org.pl/pl

Its all about juggling the numbers Frank :)
Loss on paper may look as gain etc ;)
(yes, you need to be Hogwart's Department of Economics Graduate)

Is seems we still need to learn from Greece and their gov - they are able to convince the rest of the world to get more cash from Your's banks Frank :D

Anyway I would like to boosts Your country's Economy by sharing some Altbiers ;)
No need to be afraid of there, Adam. As a citizen of the EU you're allowed to work wherever you want within the EU (or are there still some restrictions?) as long as you pay the country's taxes properly and don't commit a crime (unlike our sooo lovely politicians, bankers and other honest business men). So if you should be around in my woods then let's have some Altbiers together and try to forget how we get plundered by our governments, m8! :D ;)

Cheers! :beer:

Image Image
:FI:Sacktime
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Sacktime » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:48 am

Edit: I apologize for this long post, I just read it :oops: .

We here in Oh Canada, we have a multi teared Government. There is the
Federal Government;
Provincial Government,
The County; and
The Municipality.

All can tax you, and do. Now not much gets taxed by the counties as they get funding form the Provincial Government, this greatly varies from Province to Province as to the level of funding they receive. Municipality and county tax are collected on your home's appraised value, you have no say in this. If you add a garage to your property, if you finish your basement or landscape your yard which adjusts the value of your property you pay a tax on the value.

-On top of that we pay an additional Federal Tax on most things we buy, gas, utilities, etc. GST (Goods and Services Tax; 5%)
-A similar Provincial tax, PST (Provincial Service Tax; 8% here in Ontario higher out East), food here in Ontario is not taxed, yet.
-But here in Ontario and British Columbia they have joined the GST with the PST for a Harmonized Sales Tax or HST and this they tax EVERYTHING, form your Birth to your Funeral you will pay HST on EVERYTHING this set at 13% (PST 5% + PST 8% = HST 13%) this tax is NOT popular and has been stopped in British Columbia. We haven't screamed enough here in Ontario to be heard but this province is so far in debt that if it isn't this tax it will be anther kind. We also pay a debt from the Ontario's piss poor management of Ontario Hydro, a provincial department, on every hydro bill! Which by the way is a private distribution company that is majorly owned by a foreign government. Not the US this time.

The Federal GST was introduced on January 1, 1991 and the 7% tax, at the time, was intended to pay off the National Debt. Lessons Learned This had some success in that we borrowed less till we had a balanced Budget. The housing Market collapse didn't effect us nearly as bad as it hit the US, our Banking is, boring yet one of the safest systems in the world.

Here is a link to a Canadian Tax watchers group, it is fairly accurate compared to Canadian Government sources.
Candaian Debt Clock
Ontario Debt Clock

So Ontario's debt clock show I owe $20,000 to someone and the Federal debt clock shows I owe $16,700 to someone. That would equal $36,700 for every Man, Woman, Child living in Ontario, x 3 (The people in my family)=$110,100 (83,674.41 EUR). This is less than Frank so I'll shut up now.

But in the end "Someone is going to pay"
Sucks everywhere and will suck for awhile.

my 2 cents

(Oh ya they have officially stopped printing pennies in Canada, there still there but in another 10 years or sooner they will be gone and everything can be adjusted up 5 cents, can't wait for that. Read this Canada's penny withdrawal. Yep if you read it, all businesses are to collect their pennies and turn them in for cash where they will be melted away).
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:08 am

(Oh ya they have officially stopped printing pennies in Canada, there still there but in another 10 years or sooner they will be gone and everything can be adjusted up 5 cents, can't wait for that. Read this Canada's penny withdrawal. Yep if you read it, all businesses are to collect their pennies and turn them in for cash where they will be melted away).
So Canada is finally going off the Copper Standard, eh? ;) Actually, your system is very similar to ours, but I think your banks are a bit more honest than ours in their practices.

Seriously, with the US debt in the TRILLIONS, currently about 15.7, each Citizen owes about $50,000. Each Tax Payer, however, owes about $138,000.
I am a Tax Payer, and I was, am now, and forever will be f*cked.

For an idea how fast the US debt is rising, go here: http://www.usdebtclock.org/.

Taxes are applied to individuals on Federal, State, County, and municipality bases.
Federal tax is a percentage of your income (defined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as "anything that comes in". Essentialy, since you are assigned a Tax ID # as soon as you are born, if you are a kid mowing lawns for beer money you have to pay a tax on whatever you make that year. And if you're dumb enough to file for the first time, the IRS has their claws in you and can Audit your returns any time they feel like it. Realistically, if you're under 18 years of age they can't touch you because you're not considered able to consent. (Considering the appaling condition of our educational system this doesn't surprise me.) But the more you make, the higher percentage you pay. As soon as you hit the $50,000 mark your percentage increases by almost 50%. When you hit the $100,000 mark it doubles. This, of course only applies to the working stiff. NOT to the "beautiful" people. ;) SO every yyear anyone who can put up with the headaches can itemize their "allowed" expenses to attempt to reduce their tax burden.
Interestingly enough, the IRS, the single most powerful organization in the country can operate with impunity wherever and whenever they wish all without any Judicial Authority. A look at the listings of United States Codes reveals that Title 26 of the US Codes still has never been passed into Positive Law. No, don't even go there. I fought the good fight, but lost anyway. :( Current Tax percentage for me is 17%.

State Taxes are Income Taxes just like the Feds, but you are limited what you can itemize. There are still a few states that don't have Income Tax, but they hit you in other ways. Some hit you with both Income and Sales Taxes. Sales Taxes are lost money, unless you save EVERY receipt for that year ( in New Mexico) and can prove you paid more in Sales Taxes than Income Taxes. Then you MAY be entitled to a refund of the difference. Current State Income Tax is 4.5%

Federal Tax Percentages do not include so-called Social Security and Medicare which add another 2% to the mix. Taxes on gasoline (petrol) is currently about 5%, and is called an Excise, or Hidden tax because you never see it at the pump, as it's built into the price per gallon (3.8l).

County Taxes are solely based on your property value, and you have not much say in the matter.

City taxes are mostly bed taxes here, but due to the size of Albuquerque they are incorporated into bond generation and contribute to the County Tax.

Add it altogether: Feds - 17%, State IT - 4.5%, State ST - 7%, County Property Tax - 2%. Fed Excise of 5% and the Grand Total for this year is approximately 35% of my total income.

Be nice if they'd all get together and just hit me each payday for 35% and be done with it. Be even nicer if the supporters could get the law passed limiting the Fed Tax to a flat 10% across the board. But no, that eliminate the IRS and God knows we certainly wouldn't want that to happen now, would we? :)
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Gurberly
The Unforseeable

Post by :FI:Gurberly » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:50 pm

I don't feel so bad about 'borrowing' £10 out of me and the wifes joint account now ;)

G
I fear no beer

Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:09 pm

Go ahead, Gareth. Just don't say anything to Carole. ;)
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:31 pm

If even half of this is right ....................feck this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPcWHBPYOSU
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:41 pm

:FI:Wolfhound wrote:If even half of this is right ....................feck this

it was said with an American accent,

so it must be true

gah!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Tue May 01, 2012 6:37 am

:FI:Wolfhound wrote:If even half of this is right ....................feck this
+1

Does the end justify the means? :roll:

Image Image
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Heloego » Thu May 03, 2012 3:27 am

Where do I sign? :roll: