For sci-fi fans

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

For sci-fi fans

Post by :FI:Macca » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:57 am

I found this at SimHQ forums.
Watched the 1st episode of it and I am very impressed.
L5 - CROWDFUNDED ORIGINAL DRAMA

L5 is a completely crowd-funded production, through the generosity of donors from sites such as kickstarter and indiegogo, the creative team of L5 has spent a year bringing the story to life.

Director: Stanley Von Medvey
Writer: Tom Ptasinski
Producers: Tom Ptasinski, Adam Nelson

The crew aboard the spaceship Argo has just awoken from hypersleep to a nightmare. Having spent the last twenty years searching for a new home to salvage humanity from a dying earth they return home and find something has gone terribly wrong. They have been mysteriously impelled 200 years into the future and find not a trace of any human life. The Argo’s Commander, Dr. Richard Adams is determined to find some answers and, aided by the ship’s surgeon, Rod Lewis, and onboard Artificial Intelligence, Clarke, decides to explore the one clue to the massive floating O’Neill colony named L5. After an exploratory skiff goes missing inside the colony, Adams and Lewis venture inside themselves to find the answers they seek, nothing can prepare them for what they are about to find.

http://www.bagtaggar.com/l5series/
http://vodo.net/l5
ImageImageImage
:FI:Armitage
Post Maniac 2nd Grade

Re: For sci-fi fans

Post by :FI:Armitage » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Looks interesting but very like the novel Rendezvous with Rama
:FI:Macca
The North Pole

Post by :FI:Macca » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 am

I cannot agree more. And as Rama hasn't been made into a movie ...;) I hope this one will be good;)
ImageImageImage
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:38 pm

uber wicked cool!

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.