Adding Screen Resolutions?

Questions and solutions for flight sim related problems
:FI:Murph
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Adding Screen Resolutions?

Post by :FI:Murph » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:05 pm

I would like to be able to try running CoD at a lower resolution, but the only ones available are not 16:10- which means they are stretched horizontally or vertically. My monitor's native res is 1680x1050. I would like to be able to try 1400x900, but it's not listed either in-game or in windows or nvidia control panel. In fact none of the other resolutions offered are of the correct proportions for widescreen. My GPU is a GTX 460 and the drivers are 285.79.
Another question is about Nvidia Inspector; I like to use this program to set up both Il2 and ROF, but I don't see Cliffs of Dover listed? Is there a way to import a more up-to-date list?
"Níor bhris focal maith fiacail riamh."
:FI:Sneaky_Russian
Post Maniac General

Re: Adding Screen Resolutions?

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:14 pm

You should be able to set a custom resolution in Nvidia control Panel and add a profile for "launcher.exe" (C:Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\launcher.exe

Possibly some of the config .ini tweaks used in il2 for custom screen res will work here

4:3 CRT here so just suggestions on my part

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:29 pm

Thanks, that worked. However I don't know if it will get me any better game performance. How are you making out with the CEM in ClOD Sneaky? I can't seem to avoid blowing up the engine unless I turn off overheating.
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:43 pm

can just about handle the Hurri , but think one of these will be essential kit for Blenheim and axis planes...
Air starts in Ju87 just spawn with oil splattered all over the windscreen.

PS . which part worked? CP or config .ini?.. or did it need both?

"The marksman hitteth the target partly by pulling, partly by letting go. The boatsman reacheth the landing partly by pulling, partly by letting go." (Egyptian proverb)
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Murph » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:45 am

Control Panel worked. Once Windows had the resolution listed it showed up as a option in the game.
:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:50 pm

Does anybbody have any idea what/why the hell the white square is on the ingame screen. Upper left side. Reinstall did not make it stop. Nothing I'm doing makes it go away. It is very annoying.
Clod is patched, again, to the 1.05 etc...the latest thing.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Sneaky_Russian » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:02 pm

If you mean a blank info window use the R click menu - open a new one and the delete options will be accessible.

:FI:McBiggles
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:McBiggles » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:08 am

Thank you C. Goon.
Remind me to have you painlessly destroyed.
m.
Being Irish, he had an abiding sence of tragedy, which sustained him, through temporary periods of joy.
W.B. Yeats