BP stuff

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Falcon
Full Metal Ferret

BP stuff

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:50 pm

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
- The history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, by Sarah Palin.
:FI:Airway
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: BP stuff

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:22 pm

:lol:

If it wouldn't be that sad 8)

Here's an Obama statement:

Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Ok, no funny anymore.

John L. Wathen
flew out with Tom Hutchings of SouthWing from Alabama over the Gulf of Mexico to document what actually really happens out there and BP doesn't want us to know.

The pictures and video he made are more disturbing than I expected.
Very sad. Really, very sad. This will take decades to go away. :(

Here's the video from John L. Wathen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ
Image ImageImage
:FI:Wolfhound
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Wolfhound » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:21 pm

Make the Bp exec's drink a liter of that crap, and make them get out and physically clean up some of it. :evil:
"i will give thee a dog which i got in ireland. He is huge of limb,and for a follower equal to any man,Moreover, he hath a man's wit and will bark at thine enemy's but never at thy friends. He will see by each man's face whether he be ill or well disposed toward thee. He will give down his life foe thee. (The Icelandic Saga of Nial,c . AD 970-1014

:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:04 am

That was disturbing at best!

During my tenure with PHI's Gulf operations I had several occasions to go offshore to the rigs for maintenance, and I wasn't nearly as impressed by the technology out there as I was astounded and in awe of the abundance of life in those waters!
Ironically much of that sea life was attracted to those same rigs because of the massive derricks supporting them. Those derricks became artificial reefs supporting complete ecosystems, and when down on the lowest walks you wouldn't believe the fish!

I take small comfort in the fact I was so priviledged then, based on what we witness now.
For years to come the Gulf will be as barren as the Caspian was.

Obviously TransOcean, Halliburton, and BP are to blame.
But let's not put it all on them...
Red Tape and sheer stupidity/greed have prevented any real solutions from being fielded.
Too little is being done to help and too much being done to hinder.

This will literally affect the whole world.

OK, I'll shut up. :evil:
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x
:FI:Genosse
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:Genosse » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:40 am

:FI:Airway wrote:Ok, no funny anymore.

John L. Wathen
flew out with Tom Hutchings of SouthWing from Alabama over the Gulf of Mexico to document what actually really happens out there and BP doesn't want us to know.

The pictures and video he made are more disturbing than I expected.
Very sad. Really, very sad. This will take decades to go away. :(

Here's the video from John L. Wathen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxDf-KkMCKQ
GOSH! I didn´t know that it looked that hopeless on the Gulf. :shock:

German news has stopped covering that topic (it´s much more important who´ll be the next German president and if the government will remain if its candiate won´t win the election) so I had no clue how the oil spill has effected the Gulf and its inhabitants - not to speak of the people living at the coast line which economical lives must be pretty much screwed up by now. :cry:

There is no money in the world that will ever let this mess forget whether on the beaches and on the sea nor in the people´s minds. :evil:

It´s a bloody shame that BP & Co haven´t found a way to close the leak. Instead of doing this they´re still trying to grab as much as possible in order to do ... what ... to market it? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Your still oil-in-every-products-of-life-using German Genosse :C((
Nunc est bibendum - Let's start to drink!

Image Image
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:33 pm

It´s a bloody shame that BP & Co haven´t found a way to close the leak. Instead of doing this they´re still trying to grab as much as possible in order to do ... what ... to market it
Actually they do a lot to sink the oil so that they don't have to pay for the cleanup. They use high toxic dispersion mediums like Corexit 9500 that is from who? Yes right it's their own stuff, so they earn money with poisoning their own fellow countrymen and people who do the job BP & Co should do.
BP hasn't even taken responsibility for what happend. Noone was fired, they made one press fraud after another and tried to squirm out of everything with excuses.This hillbilly Tony Hayward I hate him so much for being an idiot on everyone elses shoulder I would beat him porous, so his body can absorb the shit his company is responsible for, when I throw him into the Gulf of Mexico.

What about the 11 rig workers who died because of this epic fail decision on BP's behalf?
What about all the other workers who loose their jobs now?
They can't do anything about it but have to pay for the mistake others made.
Also the fishers and the fishing industry who will loose 3 billion $ this year, not to speak about the states and people living in, who have this shit in front of their frontdoor.
And oh did I mention the animal and nature who will for 50 years suffer in recovery? At least the ones who manage to survive :x :x

:x
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Seems someone ist really pissed off here, on behalf of all the fisherman out there :shock:

All Louisiana women like her o.O ?
Image ImageImage
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:19 pm

An update on the Gulf:

Eileen and I rode down US 90, the "Beach Road" when it hits Mississippi, last Saturday and had a good look at the beaches and activities on an überbeautiful summer's day.

Gah!

Well, the beach doesn't look too bad, still white in most places because ...

there is a cleanup tent with associated crew EVERY tenth-to-three tenths mile.

Vacationers?

Swimmers?

Annette Funicello's mitt das big Moondoggies

und das guys mitt das mullah?

None, nada, zilch, zero, bupkiss; not a single customer down twenty-five miles of shore.

OUCH!

S

"He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed."
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:39 pm

well aren't they celebrationg their "success" with their operation "static kill", telling 2/3rd of the 800 million liter oil already "disappeared"? vanished? gone to the moon for vacation or is it maybe simply being drowned off the top of the water by their Corexit dispersant?
everythings fine again they say. stock indexes are raising, Tony Hayward sent to Siberia with 14 million compensation + 700000 pension per year + another top job including the same high wage like he had at BP.
The eleven people who died and the thousands workless at home from different industries, destroyed animals and nature, tourism - all over and forgotten.

that is really sick what is going on. And noone is taking over responsibility or planning measures for future accidents like this.
Everything back no normal, they pray.

Unbelievable. Why is noone doing anything against that. I really wonder although I am not directly affected but we are one world one future, not?

Look what BP could have bought with the money they lost from the oil spill.

And imagine the + between the items
Image ImageImage
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:23 am

Yep,

the second the topcapslapflap thingie was working okay the oil released into the Gulf for a hundred days was magically reduced to 25%.

Does Harry Potter work for BP??

Anywho, the newest, to me, scandal is that dozens of manufacturers, those that rushed to help make boom barriers in particular, are getting stiffed for the bill by BP. BP has started to say recently that all/some/millions of dollars worth of boom didn't measure up to specs so they're not accepting it. That leaves many small businesses with no other option but to let folks go and shut down their facilities.

Oh well, I s'pose we'll be hearing 'bout stuff like that for years to come.

On a lighter note; N'Awlins area restaurants are serving more and better shramp, ersters an' dat red feesh yah.

F

Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

And what are residents and local companies doing against BP there in the Gulf states ?

Here the sales figures for BP Brands in Germany got up by 3 %.

It seems that the 100 day oils spill, worst of it's kind AT ALL, is a nontopic now.

How come?
Or do we just not get notice of it in Europe?
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Another rig just exploded in the Gulf of Mexico?

Lucky you!
Image ImageImage
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Post by :FI:Airway » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Massive fish kill reported in Louisiana

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20 ... -louisiana

:evil:
Image ImageImage
Full Metal Ferret

Post by :FI:Falcon » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:32 pm

Sheee-it!

I've seen kills kinna like this before, so I need to find out more. Is it in an inland waterway? Is it near the coast? Is it down stream from where they've been going inland and dumping the oily mud? If you get any exact locations , let me know.

thx

F