My Ride on the "Yellow Rose"

Everything but not IL2 ... say here 'Hello!' ;)
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

My Ride on the "Yellow Rose"

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:15 am

Went to the CAF Wings Over Dallas airshow on 10/29 & shelled out some green for my very first WW2 bomber ride! Had lots of great choices but went with this one because I learned it was the only plane that allowed you to visit every crew position (except pilot seats) during the flight.

A link to the shared Dropbox folder with pics is below. There’s also a subfolder with videos shot during the flight.
All this was done with my phone, but most came out pretty good.
Look for the text file titled “read me” for a description of the flight & the pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ye3ud196c8ti ... 8psSa?dl=0

Among about 7 friends who met up with me at the airshow throughout the day were 2 fellow flight sim enthusiasts. One was a guy I'd never met, from the IL-2 BOS forums. He is an architect from the neighboring city of Fort Worth. The other guy was =SYN=Requiem, whom I had already met once before. Some of you may recognize him since he makes excellent instructional videos for IL-2 BOS, and also made a bunch for Rise of Flight in years past. Now he is a flight instructor not far from here, and is quickly closing in on enough hours to apply for a job with an airline or cargo carrier. He's got a neat story I'll share another time for those interested. He is badgering me to go up with him too. I plan to do it soon, before he moves on to his next gig.
:FI:Snoop Baron
Post Maniac 3rd Grade

Re: My Ride on the "Yellow Rose"

Post by :FI:Snoop Baron » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:07 pm

Wow, what a great opportunity. I've always really liked the B-25, she was definitely one of my favorite bombers in IL-2 (especially with the sheep nose art :D ). Very nice photos & videos it makes me giddy just seeing them and thinking about how it must have been :D Nice aircobra as well :). How well do you think the simulated B-25 stacks up to the real deal, Blue2? I couldn't find the readme file.
:FI:Blue2
Forum Junky

Post by :FI:Blue2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:34 am

Thanks for the heads-up, Snoop. I had forgotten to open dropbox on my PC, so the readme file didn't get copied. It's there now.
:FI:TacticalS!
Post Maniac General

Post by :FI:TacticalS! » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Wonderful photos! Thanks for sharing Larry.

TS!
:FI:Heloego
Post Maniac General
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA (Smile when you say that!)

Post by :FI:Heloego » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:32 pm

Good on ya Larry! And you got to crawl back to the tail gunner position, too!
They closed it off on the Aluminum Overcast last summer, so I couldn't get there.
I'm sure you agree it's a ride worth every penny. :D
...and wear your feckin' mask!!!!! :x